TOEFL essay: Character is the quality and features that make a person different

Character is the quality and features that make a person different from others. In other words character is the reflection of ones insight. So different people have different profiles of character. Some of us are wise, others are courageous. Some of us humorous, others are prudent and self controlled. Kindness is the hallmark of some folks, whereas creativity is the defining feature of others. We all have been brought up in a certain way depending upon our cultures and upbringing attach vallues to responsibilities, morals, duties, dependability and community. And there is a quote says that " Somthing happenend in your childhood, the events of your life is all about". So the character isnt created in crisis, but the crisis reveals the character. When no one is watching us we behave as per “what we are”, unless one has a severe identity crisis. Suddenly when a traumatic and unstable situation arises and one is caught in crisis, then it is the moment when he or she subconsciously stop to rely on what others think is appropriate, and all his effort go in a bid to survive. Responsibilities, culture and even community take a back seat then. It is when true character comes out in open. These times testing ones patience, ethics and wisdom. Character can be weak or strong. ones ability to withstand plight, reaction to a certain situation and ones thought/ state of mind at the time of dilemma, all indicates the scale of his character. Here one of my experience that help me to know my self and discover my strength. One day i found a lump in my leg and had MRI which showed lipoma with a suspicious center, after few weeks under medical supervision they told me that may i had a sarcoma, and needs a surgry. it was really a shock for me and for my family and all my friends, my parents have shouted " why all this, why the sun always lends us one of its rays for a very short period and then goes leaving us in a horror dark. Why some things can not be imagined, but happining to us". I told them " There are cities, the imagination is unable to visit, mercy for us. but the reality walking around in with severe cruelty. We have to be paitent". All those who where around me couldnt believe and everyone was dumbfounded as to what could have happened and crying all the time. But it was different for me From that day I have started visualizing my goals and I have focused on what I really want. I want to live, this was my first goal. When they removed the tumor, They sent it to pathology for analysis and then Many things have happened. They told me you need chemotherapy. I wasnt depressed and told the all that i would live, dont worry, my strong determination and will power would make my therapy sessions more effective and this would alleviate my disability. I was happy and in peace. As we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. So they have supported me and have believed too in my will power. It is a miracle in deed, the cancer is gone for ever.
Every day I thank the universe for helping me to discover none other than my self!
I changed my priorities and my ideas. I cannot only see the difference in my life, but also can experience the determination and strength being in me! Our decisions and measures that we take during crisis shows how strong are the roots of our character. It is during hardships that one’s character comes to light. It is the time when we can improve our character. Before this predicament i didn`t know the value of my life and of every moment i live but Now I have started visualizing greater goals and I’m determined to reach them. I washed The dust of the past and drink doses of happiness and hope from the whispers of the present. In all, strong character helps us to face or fight in difficult situation/crisis in a better and effective way.
The roots of a strong character lies in the habit of learning from our mistakes and not to repeat them again. Learning from our mistakes will not only help us building up our character but also gain the admiration of the people. People admire strong character and appreciate them. They also follow their trait.
All young people grow up and go through some kind of identity crisis or another before becoming who they want to be. So times of trouble can evoke character and as individuals, we need to look within ourselves to identify the signature strengths we already possess.

TOEFL listening discussions: Why is the young woman unfamiliar with Q22?

Hello Torsten, thanks for the help. You know, it is great to live for helping purpose. Im from syria, my first language is Arabic. Im an academic student. I want to be an interpreter but couldnt pass the essays exam and dont know where is the source of my mistakes. Could any one please help me and corecct my essay that i sent to you. I will be very gratful. and if thats difficult, is there any web that correct my essay for free because there is no credit card in our country.

Character is the defining quality and feature that make a person different from others. In other words character is the reflection of ones insight. So different people have different profiles of character. Some of us are wise, others are courageous. Some of us humorous, others are prudent and self controlled. Kindness is the hallmark of some folks, whereas creativity is the defining feature of others. We all have been brought up in a certain way depending upon our cultures and upbringing attach [i]values[/i] to responsibilities, morals, duties, dependability and community. And there is a quote that [i]goes[/i] (" Something happenend in your childhood, the events of your life is all about".)([i]no idea what this is supposed to mean.[/i]) So the character isnt created in crisis, but the crisis reveals the character.

When no one is watching us we behave as per “what we are”, unless one has a severe identity crisis. Suddenly when a traumatic and unstable situation arises and one is caught in the crisis, that it is the moment when he or she subconsciously stops relying on what others think of as appropriate, and all his effort goes into a bid to survive. Responsibilities, culture and even community take a back seat then. It is then that true character comes out into the open. These times testing ones patience, ethics and wisdom. Character can be weak or strong. [i]O[/i]nes ability to withstand plight, reaction to a certain situation and one`s thought/ state of mind at the time of dilemma, all indicate the scale of his character.

Here is one of my experiences that helped me to know myself (one word)and to discover my strength. One day I found a lump in my leg and had MRI which showed lipoma with a suspicious center. After few weeks under medical supervision they told me that may I had a sarcoma, and needed surgery. It was really a shock for me and for my family and all my friends, my parents shouted " Why all this, why the sun always lends us one of its rays for a very short period and then goes leaving us in a horror dark. Why some things cannot (one word)be imagined, but are happening to us".

I told them, " There are cities, the imagination is unable to visit, mercy for us, but the reality walking around in with severe cruelty. We have to be patient". All those who where around me could,t believe [i]it[/i] and everyone was dumbfounded as to what could have happened and [i]they were [/i]crying all the time. But it was different for me. From that day I have started visualizing my goals and I have focused on what I really want. I want to live, this was my first goal. When they removed the [i]tumour, they[/i] sent it to pathology for analysis and [i]since[/i] then many things have happened. They told me, " You need chemotherapy." I wasnt depressed and told them all that I would live. " Don`t worry, my strong determination and will- power will make my therapy sessions more effective and this will alleviate my disability."

I was happy and in peace. As we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. So they have supported me and have believed too in my will-power. It is a miracle indeed (one word), the cancer is gone for ever.
Every day I thank the universe for helping me to discover none other than my self!
I changed my priorities and my ideas. I cannot only see the difference in my life, but also can experience the determination and strength being in me! Our decisions and measures that we take during crisis shows how strong are the roots of our character. It is during hardships that one’s character comes to light. It is the time when we can improve our character. Before this predicament I didn`t know the value of my life and of every moment I live, but now I have started visualizing greater goals and I’m determined to reach them. I washed the dust of the past and drink doses of happiness and hope from the whispers of the present. In all, strong character helps us to face or fight in difficult situation/crisis in a better and effective way.
The roots of a strong character lie in the habit of learning from our mistakes and not to repeat them again. Learning from our mistakes will not only help us building up our character but also gain the admiration of the people. People admire strong character and appreciate it. They also follow in this trait.

All young people grow up and go through some kind of identity crisis or another before becoming who they want to be. So times of trouble can evoke character and as individuals, we need to look within ourselves to identify the signature strengths we already possess.

Kitosdad.

Thank you very much Kitosdad, you are really great.

Lolololo, a pleasure. Any-time.

Kitos.

Hello, how are you?
do you thing this essay is good in terms of content and essay rules?
And about that quote:
(something happend in your childhood, the events of your life is all about)

It means that our childhood is the sourse of our character and how we react to different situations. For example if you have kind suporting parents, you will be a stong person. But if you have cruel parents you will be week character and will not be able to withstand crisis. So this example may happend in our childhood and affects all our life in future. Do you thing so?

Lololoo, I thought your essay was quite good, and I agree with all you have said.
Character shines through, and in doing so it reflects your upbringing.
I really don’t know about the essay rules, but I cannot see anything in your essay that could be seen as offensive in any way.

Good luck.

Kitos.

Thanks Kitos for your encouraging…

Hi Kitos how are you ?