TOEFL essay a day: Should teacher be kind or strict?

Hi Hoado
Thanks. If I’m not mistaken:

doubt as a verb:
I doubt if it’s right.
I doubt whether I did something or not.
I doubt (that) they will come.
I doubt it=I don’t thing so.
No doubt about that/it.
doubt as a noun:
I have doubt about…

on the forum
I have been reading and learning (present perfect continuous)
I have been doing something for the last/for the past +time long/(all day/all morning)/for+time long +now:
I have been learning English for 2 months now.
I have been studying English for the last 3 months.

(present continuous=an action in progress)
(for your question) I’m typing right now.
(my own answer) I have to improve my reading skill so I will write less in the next 3 weeks.

sure, It’s my pleasure.
You can use this forum.
english-test.net/forum/forum17.html
If you find something wrong in my comments mention it.

Best of luck.

Hi Richard,

How is your reading work going? I hope you have improved your reading skill much.

Last week I was busy so I did not come to this forum much. This morning I learned Present Simple Tense with a story “It never gets you anywhere” by Alan Townend. I liked this story because it was interesting. I will tell you in short.

The story tells us about Andrew who is a natural worrier. It is something he inherited from his father. In the story there is another character, Sally, who is the complete opposite in temperament of Andrew. her philosophy runs as follow: “Worrying is never gets you anywhere and life is too short to waste time imagining the worst.” It is very interesting to read what the author describes the change of Andrew. Because of Sally our main character Andrew rushed out of the pub leaving his coat behind, ran into the pouring rain without no umbrella. It is the first time he did what he had never done before. At the end of the story, Sally and Andrew got married together. And Andrew doesn’t worry any more. He was perfectly relaxed and he owe it all to Sally.

Thank you Richard very much. Please keep correcting my mistakes.

Have a good day!
Hoa

Hi Hoa
I see, you have started to write. pretty good! As you know you won’t be able to write in English without practice, so keep writing. These days I’m busy with working to improve my reading and speaking skills, so as I told before I don’t write. I’ll be back to write essays in two weeks.
Best of luck.

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your message. Noone responds to my writing, only you. Yes, your advice is right. I will try my best. I hope everything is fine with you, and I hope to see you in the forum soon.

Have a nice day!
Hoa

Hi, Make new friends to receive comments. :slight_smile: If you write academic essays Kitosdad will revise them. Moreover, there are so many learners who will pass comments or at least, they will read yours.
Yes, I’ll come back soon. Thanks.

Good Essay . Go on

Thank you Richard. I started to write academic essays as you told me. Hope Kitosdad will revise my essay. And I hope you and other participants will read it and respond to it. Many thanks in advance.

Have a nice day!
Hoa

hi every1, MY NAME IS AYNUR ,FROM AZERBAIJAN

it s my 1st essay here, i m gonna take an exam in december 2009 or january 2010,
it depends on ur comments,if my essay is good enough to take an exam i can take it, if i have many mistakes especially structure problems or grammar,
plzzz correct them and help me . i ll look forward to ur approach to my essay. by the way, give my essay point out of 5 ,

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Some people say that advertising encourages us to buy things that we really don’t need. Others say that advertisements tell us about new products that may improve our lives .Which viewpoint do you agree with? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Advertising gives us information about innovations or new products. Ads provide us with the opportunity to save our time, to know new things in technology. In addition we can decide to buy things by credit in favor of ads.

Through advertising we can buy things and can save our time. For the people, especially for women who are working, ads are more suitable. They cant enable to go and to see domestic electric appliances at the stores. So ads is the best way to came to a decision about what to buy and where to buy. Furthermore we cant choose house or car in general. It s important to go to see houses or cars if we want to buy, but it will be resulted with tiring or wasting time for us. However in this difficult situations ads help us as well. We see a lot of cars and houses ads on tv day by day. Even their pictures and all details are displayed on Tv. We bought our house with this way and it saved my parents time to go and to see every house.

Another advantage of ads is that it gives us opportunity to know about innovations in technology.I cant go every time to the stores to be informed about innovations.In this case ads help me. Seeing new services, new concessions through ads gives me a chance to be aware of them. Then I have a chance to buy and use these new services. We see a lot of ads about cell phones, computers or laptops every day. Only after some days they are changed and new ones appear. To know them ads are more crucial means.

Moreover from ads we know that we can buy things by credit, that is more suitable for the poor families. they can also buy new appliances or can change the old things with the new ones with informing by the advertisement. In today’s world there are a lot of suggestions by companies to buy furniture, even jewellery by credit with only ID. Without ads we are not aware of these concessions. So that’s ads are beneficial for any sections of society.

Consequently everything has pros and cons .In my view ads have more pros. We can save our time, can be aware of innovations and can buy things with concessions. I am sure that advertisement serves a useful purpose.