Today 's second essay.thank you!

this one is so hard to me:a or d :economic growth is more important than environmental concerns.
On the surface, it seems like a good idea that governments should try to use every possible means to encourage the economic growth. However, in my opinion, we cannot develop our society in price of ignoring environmental concerns. Therefore, I definitely disagree with the statement that economic growth weighs more than environmental concerns.
First, once the environment is destroyed, no matter how much money we have our environment can hardly be restored back to what it was. Since humans appear in earth, we have poured billions of tons of sewage into the lakes and the rivers, emitted numerous volumes of the exhausting gas into the air and so on. We unscrupulously continue to pollute our planet year after year just to save a little bit costs and gain a bit more profits. However, each year human activity leads to at least 50,000 species of animals and plants disappear in earth and the number is still increasing. Some scientists might say we will be capable to find a way to solve this problem someday. But I do not think science and technology can accommodate every need we think of like this. Thus, in order to reduce the bad impact, what we can do is adopt ecologically sustainable practices and pay more attention to environmental concerns rather than economic growth.
Second, bad treating to our nature can hinder the growth of the economy. In the past several decades, we have over exploited the basics resources too much in order to gain high economic profits. For example, in some areas, farmers only concentrate on current harvests but ignore the fertilizer’s long-run effect. The excessive use of Physical-fertilizer has resulted in millions of hectares of land suffering from salinization. The outcome is that lands are not arable and farmers cannot grow economic crops on these lands, which lead farmers’ income to decline and the level of the local economy to get down and down. As is apparently revealed in the picture above, we should clearly note that to conduct comprehensive and sustainable development in the long run, we should always consider environmental concerns as our primary task.
All in all, personally, the whole environment is just like the fossil fuel, it can be consumed but cannot be restored in a short term. And bad treating to our home will finally be punished by the nature. Therefore, at first I think we should realize that environmental concerns are of more importance then work together to make our economy to be more prosperous.

TOEFL listening lectures: Why do Birds of Paradise have amazing plumages?

Hi, I agree that you had some difficulties in this essay. Your content seemed as good as always, but the way your presented your arguments was not quite as elegant or natural sounding as many of your previous essays. You had quite a few phrases that showed room for improvement, though it was still pretty clear what you were trying to say. Maybe this would only score a 4, but I still think a 4.5 is more likely.

Hi, I agree that you had some difficulties in this essay. Your content seemed as good as always, but the way your presented your arguments was not quite as elegant or natural sounding as many of your previous essays. You had quite a few phrases that showed room for improvement, though it was still pretty clear what you were trying to say. Maybe this would only score a 4, but I still think a 4.5 is more likely.