To participate as correspondents in each day’s discussions

Hello,

Can you please help me to explain “to participate as correspondents in each day’s discussions.”
What does it mean if someone asks you to participate as correspondents in each day’s discussions.

Thank you for your help!
Hoa

1 Like

I think I would need to know more about this event to be sure of the exact meaning. But “to participate” means to take part in something or to act or have a job in doing something. And a "correspondent’ is another word for a newspaper or magazine reporter. A correspondent would go to an event and write down what happens and then write a newspaper or magazine article about it. So it sounds like they are asking people to listen to the discussions and take notes and perhaps report back to another person or group and explain what the discussions were about.

3 Likes

Maybe this is what you were referring to? open-call - Sharjah Art Foundation

In this case, my explanation is mostly correct. Correspondents would attend the discussions, ask questions, and take notes. Then correspondents would take what they have learned from the discussions and use these lessons and ideas in their artwork, books, articles, and research projects.

3 Likes

Hi Luschen,

Thank you so much! I greatly appreciate your help.
Yes, it is what I were referring to.

Once again, thank you!

2 Likes