To be really worth your salt ... part II

folks! look at this!

to become fully perplexed I would like to recommend you the following:

[url]http://cgi.es.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3688276550[/url]

what do you think?

Well,

Looking at the current bid of EUR 10.000.000,00 I would say Pablo Carral’s chances for a fun holiday this summer are very good. His story is true — he indeed grabbed the ball David Beckham had kicked and too it under his shirt. Maybe, we should try something similar in Leipzig 2006?
By the way, do you know the word that describes the places where the sports competitions of the such events like the Olympic Games or the Football Cup are held?
Also, I couldn’t find the official slogan for Leipzig2006 — I saw it on a billboard in the city, it’s in English and a registered trademark. It was something like «where the world feels at home». Naufragis, you are from Leipzig — do you know the exact phrase?[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: A food production line[YSaerTTEW443543]

hello torsten,

“Die Welt zu Gast bei Freunden - a time to make friends” is the correct slogan for Leipzig.

I don’t like it, by the way. It’s too long, definately NOT easy to remember - as your question shows. and “a time to make friends” is bewilderingly translated into german .
otherwise you won’t be able to find any slogan from a certain city at the official FIFA sites - for sure, a slogan isn’t the first point.

any suggestions how to do better?

Hi Naufragis,

Thanks for your quick response. I agree when you hear the first part of «a time to make friends» your subconscious mind will already have retrieved the phrase «time to say goodbye» — so many people know that song by Andrea Bocelli. Also, is the FIFA World Cup really about «making friends»?
Creating a slogan is a tricky thing because you are limited to a few words and you have to come up with the right combination. I think this is the reason why companies regularly change their slogans — think about McDonald’s who are the number one in spending money on advertising.
So, to answer your question — I would have to think about a better slogan for Leipzig2006 — fortunately enough there is still some time :wink:[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: A wood shop[YSaerTTEW443543]

Unforunately, I don`t even understand what is written there!!! Is it German???

Hi Jailbird,

The direct translation into Russian is Мир в гостях у друзей which means as much as Where the world feels at home or something along those lines.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: Working in the garden[YSaerTTEW443543]

mocow calling …

hello jailbird!

It is. so I’ll try to translate.
“die welt zu gast bei freunden”
the world’s guest with friends – do you notice how similar they look?

I hope this will help you