This just doesn't seem right to me...

"The importance of an elegant, classy, and innovated conference room can enhance presentations and meetings. "

Is it “innovative”?

or as is?

“Innovative” sounds far better. “Innovated” just doesn’t sound terribly sensible here. It seems we are trying to give the sense of “cutting-edge and creative,” and whereas “innovated” would simply mean “invented,” it’s not quite the same thing.

Even then the sentences is off. It seems that it should say “An elegant, classy and innovative conference room can enhance presentations and meetings.”

Or

“An elegant, classy and innovative conference room is important because it can enhance presentations and meetings.”

The importance is not what’s enhancing the meetings and presentations. I would love to see an innovative conference room.

Well here is the whole paragraph. One of our Russian coworkers had written a case study, and I’m the one in charge of making sense of it. Its all about the products that enhance the experience of video conference calls.

" Reliable conference rooms in companies are a crucial part of business. The importance of an elegant, classy, and innovated conference room can enhance presentations and meetings. This is a rapidly growing trend among all the top business all over the world. With the right advancement in technology, these conference rooms can be used to hold worldwide company meetings via videoconference."

It does not follow logically. The power to enhance gives rise to the importance, but it says the importance causes the enhancement. The baby does not give birth to the parent. You should change the sentence.

You’re absolutely right, but HOW?? I’m so lost…

lol

An elegant, classy and innovative conference room is important because it can enhance presentations and meetings.

Thank you. :slight_smile: You just saved me from a serious freak-out.

Then it should be ‘innovative conference room’

I’d also suggest the following changes:

“Reliable conference rooms in companies” - I don’t think ‘reliable’ is the best word for use here. How about ‘Efficient’ or ‘Well-resourced’ instead?
“all the top business all over the world” - ‘Business’ needs to be plural - businesses. I don’t like the two 'all’s so close together. “among top businesses all over the world” (or if you really want to emphasis all the businesses – “among all the top businesses the world over.”)
“used to hold worldwide company meetings” - as the meeting would be held in offices worldwide, then I think ‘used to host’ would work better.

Here’s what has become of the two suggestions I got…

“Efficient conference rooms in companies are a crucial part of business. An elegant, classy and innovative conference room is important because it can enhance presentations and meetings. This is a rapidly growing trend among all the top businesses the world over. With the right advancement in technology, these conference rooms can be used to host worldwide company meetings via videoconference.”

I like it. :slight_smile: