Third vaccination against Covid

Hi,

I got my third vaccination against Covid on Tuesday. No pain, not ill. Why? @Torsten, can you give me a sensible explanation?

Thanks

2 Likes

Congratulations my friend. I got my third Pfizer shot a few weeks ago with no side effects. I wonder if the shot was real or a placebo :wink:

2 Likes

They don’t always hurt. It also makes a difference who gives the shot. Some people are much better at it than others. I didn’t even feel my first one when she stuck me. I only had slight soreness for 2-3 days afterwards. It was in my left shoulder, which is the side I sleep on. When I slept on that side it hurt more.

The second time I had them do it on my right side. This guy wasn’t as good at it. He moved the needle around while it was in there. I suppose it can be hard to be steady. I didn’t realize until I took the patch off a few days later that he drew a lot of blood. Other than the prick itself, the second one wasn’t as tender as the first one. I have no idea why.

3 Likes

Hi Torsten,

I had Moderna again. Normally, this would not have been the case, but the Belgian Federal Government decided not to waste any more time. So the interval between the second shot and the third was six months, but scientists said there would be no harm in giving the third shot sooner. This makes sense, because the interval between the first and second shot was a month.
By the way did you know that Moderna is now called Spikevax?

Merry Christmas.

2 Likes

Hi NN

I know what you’re talking about. When I was in hospital three years ago, I wished I would have been able to prick myself.

2 Likes

I think the bottom line is - it varies.
Side effects or lack of side effects doesn’t reflect the effectiveness of the shot.

Spikevax is a terrible name for a vaccine. Nobody wants a spike in their arm.

By the way, regarding booster terminology, I saw this recently:
"Experts agree that in addition to getting vaccinated and boosted,…”.

3 Likes

Hi Arinker,

I agree. Spikevax is indeed a horrible name for a vaccine. I think if someone got a spike in their arm, they’d have to amputate it. Brrrr.

By the way, have a Merry Christmas.

3 Likes

Hi NN

Have a Merry Christmas!

1 Like