there are times when lying is acceptable

Good morning Kitos

I have try to finish this essay and correct some mistakes about word structure and punctuation in 30 mintues

can you help me to check my essay thank you !

thank you

Topic : do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
there are times when lying is acceptable

When we are children we are taught to be honest and not to lie to others. However, as a mater of fact, almost every one, who is young or old , rich or poor lie to others even tell lie a lot. From my point of view, we should be honest but some times lie is acceptable and in many situations the lie do no harm to people even profit people.

First, there is sometimes we should not know the truth. For a patient, who get cancer and is going to die, lie can help him or her to get through this tough time. Every one knows waiting is a terrible thing not to mention wait to death. Furthermore, the status of mood is very important to patient. Quite a low mood is very harmful to the patient for recovering and diminishing the pain. Thus, in this situation it is better to tell a lie to the patient than to tell the truth.

Second, there is another situation we should not be honest. Two nations involve in a war, some soldiers are captured and become captives. If a captive was tolerated for information from his own military should he tell the truth to his enemy, of course not. Maybe this example is quite extreme and can not happen in normal life. But actually, there are many enemies in our life and they do threat our society, economy and even our life. When we meet these enemies we should protect us and lie to them to confuse them.

Third, sometimes telling a lie can help us away from misunderstanding and suspicion meanwhile the lie can do no harm to other peoples. For example in families especially for couples, there are some details and truth that would cause misunderstanding and suspicion between couples but actually nothing happens and nothing change between them. At this point a lie would be acceptable and harmless.

In summary, according to different situation the attitude we toward to the lie should be different and sometimes the lie is acceptable.

TOEFL listening lectures: A university lecture by a professor of Paleontology

When we are children we are taught to be honest and not to lie to others. However, as a mater of fact, almost everyone who is young or old , rich or poor (,) lieS to others(,) even tell lieS a lot. From my point of view, we should be honest(,) but (sometimes) A lie is acceptable(,) and in many situations the lie doES no harm to people even profit people.

First, there is sometimes we should not know the truth. For a patient who get HAS cancer and is going to die(.) A lie can help him or her to get through this tough time. Everyone knows waiting is a terrible thing not to mention waitING to DIE. Furthermore, the status of mood is very important to A patient. Quite a low mood is very harmful to the patient for recovering and diminishing the pain. Thus, in this situation it is better to tell a lie to the patient RATHER than to tell the truth.

Second, there is another situation WHERE we should not be honest. Two nations involveD in a war, some soldiers are captured and become captives. If a captive was tolerated TORTURED for information from his own military(,) should he tell the truth to his enemy, of course not. Maybe this example is quite extreme and can not happen in normal life. But actually, there are many enemies in our life(,) and they do threat our society, economy and even our life. When we meet these enemies we should protect OURSELVES and lie to them to confuse them.

Third, sometimes telling a lie can help us away from AVOID misunderstanding and suspicion(.) Meanwhile the lie can do no harm to other people.
For example(,) in families (,)especially for couples, there are some details and truthES that would cause misunderstanding and suspicion between couples(,) but actually nothing happens and nothing change between them. At this point a lie would be acceptable and harmless.

In summary, according to different situationS the attitude we HAVE toward to the lie should be different and sometimes the lie is acceptable.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Not bad for thirty minutes Arkan.

Kitos. 8.5/10

Thank you again Kitos, I will take a toefl test two weeks later and it will be my second try( i got 21 points in writing last time).
But I am still not confident about my writing both the integrated writing and independent writing.
It seemed that i have big problems with punctuations would you give me some advices about preparing for the toefl test in two weeks.
And i have a question that in the writinig part, How does the score distribute between the integrated writing and independent writing? I mean which is more important and how much is the weight compare the integrated writing and ndependent writing?

Good morning Arkan. I cannot answer your questions regarding score distribution. Perhaps one of our other members can offer guidance on this.
Your punctuation is greatly helped by your slowly reading aloud your written work. You will know instinctively where your commas should be placed. If in any doubt, then don’t use a comma at all in the ENTIRE work.
If you write one GOOD essay a day, then you will surely improve. Seeing punctuation being applied correctly may help you to improve over a couple of weeks.