There are times when lying is acceptable.

[size=150][color=darkred]There are times when lying is acceptable.
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?[/size]

Lies have short legs. So that’s I do not agree with this statement that there are times that lying is acceptable. Person can lose reliance and respect when he speaks lie. In addition, a liar is an undesirable sample for children.

First point is that liar is not believed when he speaks the truth and loses reliance towards him. We can see it through numberless facts. If we review the history, we will see numerous kings, leaders or presidents that pledged to do great changes for the welfare of population. But most of them did not pledge their words after coming the throne. However, such kind leaders lost their reliance on people’s eyes from ancient times up to our days. That’s why I believe that lying is inadmissible action, because if they would be willing to do reforms afterwards, people did not trust them because of their previous lies.

Another point is that liars’ behavior can affect to children. Adults are the sample for children. In this case children are inclined to imitate adults’ acts. If spouses speak lies to each other, then children more likely will copy it. As the saying goes, children are the mirrors of the family. One way or another, unpleasant consequences can be result of lying in the family.

Finally, one of the main reasons to lose respect or to be disregarded is lying. As a renowned scholar said , lying is worse than stealing, because lying leads to negative actions. No doubt, if you lie to your friends or co-workers repeatedly with numerous pretexts they will not regard you as an important companion. However some people believe that white lie is acceptable. But from my point of view, it is only a fake praise or an aspiration to encourage others. Actually no one needs such kind of actions under the cover of white lie.

To sum up, it is never a good idea to lie for any reasons. People can lose their respect and trust if they are lying. What is more, they can be negative sample for children. Therefore, I strongly believe that honesty is the best policy!

[color=darkred]A student must like a teacher in order to learn from the teacher.
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement.
Use specific reasons and examples to support your choice.

Teachers are a sample to students. We learn more from them, but this knowledge can be more productive in some aspects if we like the teacher. So, I agree that a student must like a teacher in order to learn from the teacher. From my point of view, if students like a teacher they can get more advantages such as responsibility, motivation and life experience.

First of all, responsibility is the first clue of learning. Study shows that students who like teacher are more responsible than those of other students. If you like a teacher, you do not want your teacher to criticize you. That’s why, students try to be more responsible and to be ready lessons regularly. Last year I took so-called “Economic theory” class. It was quite challenging class especially for the humanitarian science student like me. However, I strived to do my best for every lesson, because I liked the teacher so much… He was very knowledgeable and experienced teacher that obtained most students to study harder in our group. So it is a fact that liking teacher made us learn more .

Another point to be mentioned is that, motivation is a very essential indicator in learning. I strongly believe that liking teacher will rouse interest for the class. Motivation comes from teachers and their way of teaching. If students like these methods then these traces can be a sample to us. As a matter of fact, when I like a teacher his/her successes are becoming interesting to me. It motivates me that if my teacher obtained these achievements I can also do these. It gives me a chance to be more successful student. For instance: I took “ History studies” class for 3 years but I did not enjoy and studied only to pass the exam. However this year our teacher was changed and only after this I have begun to love this subject. Now I listen lectures carefully trying to get notes and have discussions about science with my teacher. It made me sure that liking teacher has increased my interest to that class.

Final point is that students can learn about life, difficulties and solution to the problems from their lovely teachers. Every teacher can teach theory or science but being a good advisor is only possible when students like the teacher. What is more, if a student has a problem or difficulty he can have an appointment with teacher and can get a piece of advice from him/her. On the contrary students neither wants to get advice nor to listen lectures of disliked teachers.

Consequently, students who like teachers are likely to get more information. In this case, they will be more encouraged and responsible for the classes. These advantages will pay off with more successful students in the end.

Aynur

[color=red]PLZ KITOS, CHECK MY THESE 2 essays and evaluate me out of 5 for each essay. THANKSS IN ADVANCE, THANKS FOR YOUR ATTENTIONS.

REGARDS

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture from a social science class (2)

[size=150][color=darkred]There are times when lying is acceptable.
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?[/size]

Lies have short legs. So THAT IS WHY I do not agree with this statement that there are times WHEN lying is acceptable. A person can lose THEIR REPUTATION and respect when THEY speak lieS. In addition, a liar is an undesirable EXAMPLE for children.

First point is that A liar is not believed when he speaks the truth and PEOPLE LACJ CONFIDENCE IN WHAT HE SAYS.
We can see THIS through numberless facts. If we review history, we will see numerous Kings, leaders or Presidents that HAVE pledged to do great changes for the welfare of population, but most of them did not HONOUR THEIR pledgeS after coming TO the throne.
However, such kind OF leaders lost their reliance IN people’s eyes from ancient times up to THE PRESENT DAY. That’s why I believe that lying is AN inadmissible action, because if they WERE UNWILLING to CARRY OUT THEIR PROMISED reforms afterwards, people did not trust them because of their previous lies.

Another point is that A liar’s behavioUr can affect children. Adults are the EXAMPLE for children. In this case children are inclined to imitate adult’s acts.
If COUPLES speak lies to each other, then THEIR children ARE more likely will copy THEM.
As the saying goes, children are the mirrors of the family. One way or another, unpleasant consequences can be THE result of lying in the family.

Finally, one of the main reasons to lose respect or to be IGNORED IS ONE’S PERSISTENT lying. As a renowned scholar ONCE said; lying is worse than stealing, because lying leads to negative actions.
No doubt, if you lie to your friends or co-workers repeatedly with numerous pretexts, they will not regard you as a TRUSTWORTHY companion. However some people believe that A white lie is acceptable. But from my point of view, it is only fake praise or an aspiration to encourage others. Actually no one needs such kind of actions under the cover of A white lie.

To sum up, it is never a good idea to lie for any reason. People can lose their respect and THE trust OF OTHERS if they CONTINUALLY LIE. What is more, they can be A negative EXAMPLE for children. Therefore, I strongly believe that honesty is the best policy!

[color=darkred]A student must like a teacher in order to learn from the teacher.
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement.
Use specific reasons and examples to support your choice.

Teachers SET AN EXAMPLE to students. We learn more from them, but this knowledge can be more productive in some aspects if we like the teacher. So, I agree that a student must like a teacher in order to learn from the teacher.
From my point of view, if students like a teacher they can GAIN more advantages, such as responsibility, motivation and life experience.

First of all, responsibility is the first clue of learning. StudIES show that students who like THEIR teacher are more responsible than other students.
If you like a teacher, you do not want your teacher to criticize you. That IS why students try to be more responsible, and to be ready for their lessons PUNCTUALLY.

Last year I took A so-called “Economic theory” class. It was A quite challenging class especially for A humanitarian science student like me. However, I strived to do my best IN every lesson, because I liked the teacher so much.
He was A very knowledgeable and experienced teacher, AND HE ENCOURAGED most students in our group to study harder. So it is a fact that liking A teacher HELPED us TO learn more .

Another point to be mentioned is that motivation is a very essential indicator in learning. I strongly believe that liking A teacher will rouse interest IN the class. Motivation comes from teachers and their way of teaching. If students like these methods then these traces can be AN EXAMPLE to us.

As a matter of fact, when I like a teacher his/her successes are becoming interesting to me. It motivates me that if my teacher ACQUIRED these achievements, THEN I can also do these.
It gives me a chance to be A more successful student. For instance: I took “ History studies” class for 3 years, but I did not enjoy THEM, and studied only to pass the exam. However this year our teacher HAS BEEN changed, and after this I have begun to love this subject.
Now I listen TO lectures carefully, trying to TAKE notes and have discussions about science with my teacher. It AM sure that liking THAT PARTICULAR teacher has increased my interest IN that class.

Final point is that students can learn about life, difficulties and solutionS to problems from their lovely teachers.
Every teacher can teach theory or science, but being a good advisor is only possible when students like the teacher. What is more, if a student has a problem or difficulty he can MAKE an appointment with THE teacher and can get a piece of advice from him/her. On the contrary students neither want to get advice nor to listen TO lectures of disliked teachers.

Consequently, students who like teachers are likely to ABSORB more information. In this case, they will be more encouraged and responsible for the classes. These advantages will pay off with more successful students in the end.

Aynur.

Both essays were quite good, but each were lacking in your use of ARTICLES. Not using articles in your sentences shows a lack of basic grammar. I would suggest that you read Alan’s posts on Articles and their usage on the Home page.

Score 3.5/5.00 for each essay. Do not despair, you are doing well. Just try harder. :-))

Kitos.

thanks, Kitos, i am printing corrected essays and trying to work on my mistakes