the word "tupperware" hard to me to connect the R and the W

the word “tupperware” hard to me to connect the R and the W while saying it.
this is only one example.

any advises?
where can i read information about that kind of things.
books?

bbbb,

You can try not to pronounce the “r” and just say “Tuppa-ware”.

Or you can practise your “rs” and roll your tongue. :smiley:

Just my two cents.

Nina

Don’t round your lips when you pronounce the /r/. This will make a good distinction between the /r/ and the /w/.

Lip-rounding is not necessary when pronouncing /r/, no matter what some English teachers might tell you.

ok thanks i didn’t knew that.
but i don’t understand what did you meant about rs. what is rs?

the person in the avatar is you? seems like you having something on your head. what is it?

ok, thanks for that info.
so you actually mean to not moving much the lips while using the r letter.

but my question is also to website, books and such that teach things like that error.

thanks,

You must be thinking I’m wearing a veil or something like that. Sorry, but I was wearing a cleanroom suit. I was messing around with my collegue. :lol: But of course I take my work seriously.

Jamie gave you a good point there. Maybe somebody else can give you the tips on websites and books.

And sorry for confusing you, I was referring to the letter R.

Hi bbbb,

In addition to what Nina and Jamie have said you might be interested in the fact that Advice is an uncountable noun.

Regards,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between two students (2)[YSaerTTEW443543]

Those books aren’t accurate. It’s very possible to pronounce /r/ without any lip-rounding, and people do it all the time, depending on which sounds surround it.

I have even seen a funny accent training video online, in which a man explains how to pronounce /r/ correctly, and when he demonstrates, he makes his lips big and round, like the lips of a fish in a cartoon. However, when he is simply speaking, and not demonstrating the sound, he usually doesn’t round his lips when he says /r/.

Remember, it’s not the lips that make the /r/ sound. It’s placing the edges of the tongue against the side teeth, and pulling the tip of your tongue back behind the bony ridge behind your teeth (the alveolar ridge). If your tongue is positioned correctly, you get a perfect /r/ sound without moving your lips.