The weather again

I think you are correct Monica and I made a mistake, now I hear birds ) birds are correct

2 Likes

Tricky, isnā€™t it?
First for you, then for meā€¦
Good that we get in touch one way or another :blush:

3 Likes

Then they went to kill the animals and birds to bring home to their family so they could have something for lunch.
The question is: how much longer is this heat going to last? Will we ever stop talking about it?

1 Like

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

We only need someone transcribe the last minutes of Alanā€™s story.
That is, if the weather is not too hot :smiley:
Iā€™ve just seen the good news: the weather is getting close to normal the following days, on our old continent.

3 Likes

Thereā€™s not minutes left in our story, but seconds!
So in 30 sec weā€™ll be freezing and Santa Claus will knock on our doors :santa:

2 Likes

Hello Alan Natali Torsten and the Team ) Let`s start reading the whole story from different parts of the Globe ) maybe it ll bring some rain to UK lets check
The weather againā€™ because I seem to writing and talking about this rather a lot recently but Iā€™m afraid thatā€™s a characteristic of the English ā€“ they just canā€™t stop talking about the weather and recently we had very hot weather and one of the words which occurs regularly on television, on radio is ā€˜soar - s-o-a-rā€™ which means ā€˜to rise very quickly

so birds can soar into the air, as can airplanes.
Itā€™s an interesting word, because it sounds rather like sore ā€˜s-o-r-eā€™ which means painful, or indeed ā€˜s-a-wā€™ saw, past tense of see.
And, what has happened is that records have been broken, in terms of the level of the temperature.
And nobody in this country seems to be able to get over it. I donā€™t know why.
But a strange thing has happened Because of the heat, people are talking to each other!
Now, another characteristic of English is that they, as we say, keep themselves to themselves, so they donā€™t talk to each other as total strangers.
But now, the hot weather has changed all that!
People talk to each other in bus queues or in supermarkets and they say itā€™s terrible, isnā€™t it? And we all know what that means It means it`s very, very hot, isnā€™t it? Itā€™s strange, really. Because Iā€™m sure, this will change when the weather changes.
But the topic of discussing the weather has been going for thousands and thousands of years. Shakespeare used this in his plays and talks about ā€˜the gentle rain droppingā€™ and in King Lear, the tragedy of the king who goes completely mad, he is utterly mad and is screaming and shouting in a thunderstorm.
But we could go even further than that. To the days when the British, the English ā€“ whoever they were, on this island of mine lived in caves or huts and they had some sort of language but you could imagine them ā€“ the men, that is ā€“ going out in the morning to look for something for Sunday lunch and they probably said to each other, in their own particular language: ā€˜Lovely day, isnā€™t it?ā€™ and the answer has usually been: ā€˜Isnā€™t itā€™? And thatā€™s the end of the conversation.
Then they went to kill the animals and birds to bring home to their family so they could have something for lunch.
The question is: how much longer is this heat going to last? Will we ever stop talking about it? Never mind Christmas isnā€™t far away and there will be snow and ice to come to compete with and no doubt that would be another source of conversation when temperatures instead of soaring will go the opposite way they would fall down rather quickly They will as we say tumble.

3 Likes

Apparently (because Iā€™m not there to see) the temperatures in UK have just tumbled. Is that true?
Did the rain come at last? Dispite the silence in this thread :thinking:

2 Likes

2 Likes

3 Likes

4 Likes

Thank you for confirming.
But itā€™s not fair! We had too much rain this summer. This is unusual for my country.
Where is the balance of the nature this year?
I remember from other threads that you have a beautiful garden with flowers in all colours.
Did you keep all the flowers alive this summer, Alan?

2 Likes

Unfortunately not. Several of them withered and died. They just couldnā€™t handle it. And oh how I know how they felt!

Alan

3 Likes

I know it too!
And itā€™s sad. Iā€™m sorry for the unlucky flowers.
They could have lived till late in autumn.

1 Like

I think itā€™s my turn in continuing Alanā€™s story :sunglasses:

2 Likes

You read very good, Monica ) what if to try to tell the story, like Torsten suggested before what do you think. Thats always a pleasure to work with Alans stories, it seems like Professor Henry Higgins work on-line with fair ladies ) with Natalie you and me )Š˜Š Š˜ŠŠ Š”Š£Š‘Š¦ŠžŠ’Š feat. Š“ŠŠ“ŠŠ Š˜ŠŠ, ŠšŠžŠ§Š•Š¢ŠšŠžŠ’Š - ŠœŠŠ­Š”Š¢Š Šž (Š 1) - YouTube

2 Likes

And all three would be Eliza Doolittle :woman_farmer::woman_farmer::woman_farmer:
You have such an imagination! :blush:
or if I can say - an expansive or playful mind?

But I wonder: how could I tell the story? You mean not reading it? I noticed that Torsten had written that in the task, but ā€¦ I bet that even Alan couldnā€™t tell it again with no text.
Or did I misunderstand you?
Anyway, I like your messages, Dina!

1 Like