The twentieth century saw great change.

The twentieth century saw great change. In your opinion, what is one change that should be remembered about the twentieth century? Use specific reasons and details to explain your choice.

The twentieth century was a time of big changes and discoveries. Many things happened during this period, like the invention of the first computer, the invention of the internet or the landing on the Moon. Despite these significant discoveries and inventions, I think that the event which caused the most significant changes in our world was the World War II. I think that, because of several reasons.

First, this war was the biggest war ever. The World War II implicated in conflict many countries like England, Germany, Russia, USA, China, and many others. One of the results of this global war is that at the moment there is a new world order. Thus the winners in this conflict obtained many new territories which provide them new resources. Also the contracts which were signed at the end of this war provide new abilities to the winners. Another change is that the result of the war made some of the countries on the winning side, new world powers. Imagine that if the result of this war was other. If the winner in this war was the other side (Germany, Italy and China), how would the world look like?

Second, big change cause by this horrible event is the death of so many people. In this terrific war dozens of millions of people died. I think that this loss of physical and mental power is horrible. Imagine how many young people died there. People who were physically strong and really clever. They could definitely have the possibility to change our world.

In conclusion, I think that this is the most significant event in the history of the twentieth century, despite that the results of it are manly bad. But I also think that the World War II gave us a lesson which we should never forgive, that the life is priceless and it is foolish to lose it.

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture in social science class

The twentieth century saw great change. In your opinion, what is one change that should be remembered about the twentieth century? Use specific reasons and details to explain your choice.

The twentieth century was a time of big changes and discoveries. Many things happened during this period, like the invention of the first computer, the invention of the(I)nternet or the landing on the Moon. Despite these significant discoveries and inventions, I think that the event which caused the most significant changes in our world was the World War II. I think that, because of several reasons.

First, this war was the biggest war ever. The World War II implicated in conflict many countries like England, Germany, Russia, USA, China, and many others. One of the results of this global war is that at the moment there is a new world order. Thus the winners in this conflict obtained many new territories which provide them new resources. Also the contracts which were signed at the end of this war provide new abilities to the winners. Another change is that the result of the war made some of the countries on the winning side, new world powers. Imagine that if the result of this war was other. If the winner in this war was the other side (Germany, Italy and China), how would the world look like?

Second, big change causeD by this horrible event is the death of so many people. In this terrific HORRENDOUS war dozens of millions of people died. I think that this loss of physical and mental power is horrible. Imagine how many young people died there. People who were physically strong and really clever. They could definitely have HAD the possibility to change our world.

In conclusion, I think that this is the most significant event in the history of the twentieth century, despite that the results of it are maInly bad. But I also think that the World War II gave us a lesson which we should never forgive, that the life is priceless and it is foolish to lose it.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
I liked this one TB. Well done.

Kitos. 8.5/10

Thank you for checking it! :slight_smile: