The Sahara - integrated task

One more … I think I shouldn’t write a conclusion in the integrated task. Am I right? Please, look at it. Thank you in advance …

In this set of materials the reading passage describes the current state of the Sahara, while the reading passage provides us with information about its past.

According to the reading passage the Sahara is the world’s largest desert, whose size is equal to the territory of the USA. It encompasses 9 million square kilometers. It has dry climate, where average rainfall is less than 10 centimeters per year. There are some places, where this index drops below 2 centimeters a year. In the driest areas of the Sahara rain even falls once in a century. The Sahara has an insignificant water surface. The Nile River flows through it; and there are some oases. Only about 90 of them are capable to provide tiny villages with water.

The listening passage is focused on the history of the Sahara. Once, the Sahara used to be a green area with forests and grasslands, inhabited by large animals like giraffe, elephant and hippopotamus. There lived prehistoric people, who were engaged with hunting, fishing and farming. However, approximately 6 thousand years ago the climate started getting dry. About 4 thousand years ago a dramatic shift took place and the Sahara turned into a huge desert.

TOEFL listening discussions: What will the student probably do with her next paper?

One more … I think I shouldn’t write a conclusion in the integrated task. Am I right? Please, look at it. Thank you in advance …

In this set of materials the reading passage describes the current state of the Sahara, while the reading passage provides us with information about its past.

According to the reading passage the Sahara is the world’s largest desert, whose size is equal to the territory of the USA. It encompasses 9 million square kilometres. It has A dry climate, where average rainfall is less than 10 centimeters per year. There are some places where this index drops below 2 centimeters a year. In the driest areas of the Sahara rain ONLY eveR falls once in a century. The Sahara has an insignificant water surface. The Nile River flows through it, and there are some oases. Only about 90 of them are capable OF PROVIDING tiny villages with water.

The listening passage is focused on the history of the Sahara. Once, the Sahara used to be a green area with forests and grasslands, inhabited by large animals like giraffe, elephant and hippopotamus. There lived prehistoric people, who were engaged with hunting, fishing and farming. However, approximately 6 thousand years ago the climate started TO BECOME dry. About 4 thousand years ago a dramatic shift took place and the Sahara turned into a huge desert.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
I liked it Remula. It was to the point.

Kitos. 8.5/10

Thankssssssssss :slight_smile: