The Reasons Hanoi People Like Having Tea at Tea Shops in the Streets

Having tea in the street is very popular in Hanoi. Every street has tea shops. Many people like having tea at tea shops. The purpose of this essay is to discuss three reasons of having tea in the street in Hanoi which are meeting people, discussion news, and enjoying the daily life.

The first and also the most common reason of having tea in the street is that you meet people, you meet your friends. There are many people stop by at a tea shop not only because they want to have a cup of tea. A tea shop can be a place for an appointment or where you can find some of your friends easily. Sometimes you can meet new people and make friends with them at a tea shop after a friendly talking.

The second reason of having tea in the streets in Hanoi is the fact that many people get used to having tea and discussion news with others at a tea shop. Some people buy a newspaper and take it with them to a tea shop. They can having tea and reading a newspaper at the same time. Then they can start to discuss some topic which they pick up from the newspaper with others. To many people, it is more fun to read a newspaper at a tea shop than to read a newspaper alone at home. Because if you read a newspaper at a tea shop you will have many friends to share news with. A tea shop is a place where you can get informations which are hottest in the day.

The third and most important reason of having tea in the street is enjoying daily life. Having tea at a tea shop in the street makes you feel comfortable and joyful. You can having tea, view street and observe others, like venders or . You also can listen to others’ discussions about world news, daily news, and you also can gossip with friends or others about whatever topic you like.

Having tea at tea shops in the streets is a habit of many people in Hanoi. With some small changes you can have a cup of tea at a tea shop. And there you can meet friends, people; discuss news in the world and enjoy daily life activities. Have you ever had a cup of tea at a tea shop in Hanoi? If “not yet” you should try to experience it, one of Hanoi cutural characters.

Thank you for reading.
Please correct my mistakes and tell me what do you think about the structure of my essay. Thank you very much.
Have a nice day to all of you!

Hoa

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between two university professors

Good morning Hoado, your essay is short, but its biggest fault is the constant repetition of the “tea shop” phrase.

Your sentence structure is very good, but the topic became boring very quickly.

Kitos.

Dear Kitosdad,

Thank you very much for your comment. Yes, you are very right about the biggest fault is the constant repetition of the “tea shop” phrase. I will try to write better essays.
By the way, could you please explain this saying “Your sentence structure is very good, but the topic became boring very quickly.” What do you mean when you say “but the topic became boring very quickly”? Do you mean that my essay doesn’t provide support good enough my point or do you mean that the topic “tea shop” is boring? Should I rewrite this topic or should I write a new one? Please tell me what do you think about it.

I appreciate your help. Thank you very much.
Have a nice time!

Hoa

should I write a new one?

Yes, please do. You have a good command of English and your sentence structure is also good, but the topic I found boring and repetitive.

Kitos.

Dear Kistodad,

Thank you very much for your advice. Do you know what? You’ve just given me an inspiration to try to work hard. :smiley:

Have a good time!

Hoado

Keep it simple. Make it flow. Keep it interesting.