The qualities of a YouTuber

YouTube has gone from being a fun entertainment to a source of income for YouTubers. It is said that in Taiwan, YouTuber has beaten the seemingly prospective occupations such as lawyers or doctors and seize the top one dream job among teenagers. Becoming a YouTuber is universal; however, being a successful YouTuber is tougher than our imagination.
YouTubers are divided into various catagories due to the topic they film, including cosmetics, video game broadcastiong, unboxing and testing…etc. Among all, my favorite is cosmetic genre, some YouTubers also film vlogs to track their daily lives.
Take my favorite YouTuber, Jenn Im for example, she possess many qualities that I suppose a influencer should have. First and foremost, she’s very brave to show her life to the subscribers, seeing her willingness to demonstrate, people can get some new knowledge from her sharing. What’s more, she’s very open-minded and is generous to all kinds of comments. Sometimes I see some insulting, sharp words in her comment area. Instead of blocking the comments or suspend the comment function, Jenn use another way to take the advise despite some are just basically attacts out of malice. She shot a footage to react and tell the supporter and the opposers her ideas, such deed is what I’m proud of. Last but not least, a YouTuber should be creative and have their own traits. Since Jenn is an American born Korean, she stands a great property as a cross-culture creator. Through her videos, I could see what it would be when living in the USA as well as some Korean traditions from time to time. Her frequent update of new type of video episodes show her full imagination and creativity, which is also the reason why I’m so enjoy watching her channel.
The traits I’ve mentioned above will surely influence future job market. I’m convinced that the most crucial trait should be the creativity. Since the rapid advances of the technology, I believe that the future jobs should upgrade within time, create a new system to confront with the non-stop converting world.

2 Likes

Hi, your essay is interesting but I am not sure what your main point is. If the assignment is “Who is your favorite YouTuber and why?”, or “What does it take to be a successful YouTuber?” then this is a good response. If it is “How will YouTube affect the job market in the future?”, then this is not really a strong explanation.

2 Likes