The power of machines

Would you mind helping me correct the essay about the topic below? Thank you very much.

Topic: Some people like doing work by hand. Others prefer using machines. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

In the past, work was done tedious, production costs were low. Nowadays, with the help of machines are now done in a great level. There has been a heated debate concerning the useful of machines. In fact, there is a growing sentiment that puts more emphasis on the importance of using machines. At the same time, there is a solid body of opinion that dislikes and prefers doing work by hand. In my opinion, I concur with the former for two primary reasons.

First of all, the most important advantage of using machines is working faster. While humans can only make a few dozen pins in a day, with the help of machines, they can create thousands. A charkha cannot spin as many fibers a year as a spinning machine can one day. We value machines because of the speed with which it operates and in the modern world, speed is the most important issue.

Secondly, the power of machines is cheap goods. The use of machinery has led to large-scale production and reduced costs to unprecedented levels. Therefore, cheap goods have been put into consumers’ hands. A man with conventional means can now enjoy goods and services that were not previously available to a rich man. Therefore, living standards have increased.

On the other hand, some may argue that machines are also related to certain evils. It is said that machinery creates unemployment simply because one machine can take the place of several men. But the matter is not so simple.

To sum up briefly, machines have many great features that people can apply to compete with it. They have many brilliant features, such as: neatness, speed and so on. Therefore, working with the machine allows people to do better than working by hand.

2 Likes