The place I would like to spend my free time at

I’m Phuong, Quang’s sister, would you mind helping me correct the mistakes in my speaking? Thank you very much.

Topic: The place I enjoy spending my free time at.

drive.google.com/file/d/10O6AUi … sp=sharing

Hi Phuong, I thought your answer was pretty good. I don’t know if you really need the introductory sentence. Usually, answers just start out “I would like to spend my free time at Nguyen Hue Walking Street for two reasons. First, …”
But your format seemed to work ok, and your time management was very good. You were able to give two good reasons in the allotted time. I think the main problem is your intonation. It sounds pretty “robotic”, with every word coming at the same rate and the same stress. It is better to stress only the important words in your sentences and to pause at commas and other natural pause points. But, your speech is clear and I was able to understand most of your words. Here are some specifics:

Is is “Nguyen Hue” walking street? I am glad I don’t have to learn Vietnamese :wink:

You said “verity” instead of “variety”. - Variety has a long i sound in the second syllable, and that is the syllable that is stressed.

“Playing the musical instrument” -> playing their musical instruments

“They perform it to the public and confidence” -> they perform it to the public with confidence

“there is a ??? in the center” - I could not understand this - it sounded like “water sport”, but that doesn’t make sense

Hi Phuong, I thought your answer was pretty good. I don’t know if you really need the introductory sentence. Usually, answers just start out “I would like to spend my free time at Nguyen Hue Walking Street for two reasons. First, …”
But your format seemed to work ok, and your time management was very good. You were able to give two good reasons in the allotted time. I think the main problem is your intonation. It sounds pretty “robotic”, with every word coming at the same rate and the same stress. It is better to stress only the important words in your sentences and to pause at commas and other natural pause points. But, your speech is clear and I was able to understand most of your words. Here are some specifics:

Is is “Nguyen Hue” walking street? I am glad I don’t have to learn Vietnamese :wink:

You said “verity” instead of “variety”. - Variety has a long i sound in the second syllable, and that is the syllable that is stressed.

“Playing the musical instrument” -> playing their musical instruments

“They perform it to the public and confidence” -> they perform it to the public with confidence

“there is a ??? in the center” - I could not understand this - it sounded like “water sport”, but that doesn’t make sense