The old lady ... by Kitos.

Sorry if you find this depressing Kati. I wrote it quite a while back and just wanted to get it out of my mind.

Sitting alone in her stark, lonely room
She stares into space, ignoring the gloom.
The gloom that surrounds her, wherever she looks
She hopes to find comfort in her many books.
But comfort evades her, it’s not to be found
Only the silence, not even a sound.

Oh how she wishes that someone would call
Even if only the girl down the hall.
The girl with the children, but she’s moved away.
Gone back to her husband, who beat her each day.
Again she has no-one to whom she can talk,
Her legs are too frail to go out for a walk.
It’s months since she ventured alone down the lane
So she sits there all day, alone with her pain.

She thinks of the time when life was so free,
Surrounded by friends and her young family.
She never dreamed she’d be all alone
Nobody to write to, nobody to phone.
But time, as always, marches on, so it seems
And another old lady is left with her dreams.
Dreams of the past that she relives every day
Dreams that are slowly fading away.
Until in the end there is nothing but space
And she dies in her chair with a tear-stained face.

Kitos.

Dear Kytos,

Many thanks for the beautiful poem.
I am very sorry that I can’t reply with another poem.
I am under its effect that I could’n write in this moment anything.
But later I’ll try.

Regards:
Kati

Dear Kitos,

Yes, nobody calls me. But I am mistaken, me also, because I don’t call back anybody, so they don’t call me of course.
My hobby to learn English became my true fancy. I couldn’t keep my gloom for a long time.

I was born in the sign of Scales/Libra and my true nature can’t abide the gloom. Of course I loose my balance when something wrong happens to me but I try to gain back my balance. I try to analyse what happened around me - and this helps.

One thing is very right. I was experiencing every feelings what you wrote in your poem. Those were the terrible, relentless days. I got over it.

Unfortunately the men could more difficultly to get over it. I try to be a support to my husband and help him to digest the insults. He loved me but he loved their children (sometimes) better than me. It would be a long story, he was a good father and our children adored him, and me also of course.

The last straw that broke the camel back - happened at our daughter visit. Until now my husband always told me: think of Raskolnikov’s mother who said to his son: You can’t cause me so much gloom than as much as happiness you caused me.(It’s not near translation) And it worked and I became always forgiving.

But what happened now? Neither my husband nor me couldn’t profit from Dostoyevsky’s thought. Of course I was crying lot, even yesterday also but I don’t want to care with it and I do my best that he shouldn’t care about it.

I am sorry to have burdened you our familiar problems.
Your poem is very true and beautiful.

Best regards:
Kati Svaby

This picture was taken few weeks ago. I send to you for that to show you that I am not a melancholic person.

A beautiful picture Kati. With a smile like yours the world will always smile back. I too have had my moments of gloom, and I don’t think I will ever again be truly happy, but I can’t blame no-one else. What happened to me was all my own doing and I’m rational enough to acknowledge that fact and pay the price. I hurt a lot of people and I am being paid back ten-fold.
It is a true fact … you reap what you sow, and the circle of life brings it all back to you … for better or worse.

Kitos.

Dear Kitos,

You are in desperate need of help. You have to try to help yourself. My method I try that everything should have its place in my mind. It’s very important. If I couldn’t do it by myself I used to see a doctor for help. The scourge of yourself is the worse.

You are a very precious, human person, everybody respects you and I can say loves you because you are very opened and helpful towards others.

We all could scourge ourselves because that “fact” exist in
our life also.

Dear Kitos ! Be happy! Keep it simple…Keep it interesting.

Best regards:
Kati Svaby

Mistake: …is the worst.
(bad-worse- the worst)
I am sorry.
S.Kati

WWoh…it’s great when you came back, Kitosdad. Long time no see :slight_smile:

Beautiful poem , many thanks …

My Greetings

Thank you Zainb for your kind words.
I’m not back Junpi, … just passing through. Maybe one day I will return, but meanwhile I need to make a living.

Kitos.

Hello Kati, I have tried to improve your message a little. I hope you don’t mind.

Dear Kitos,
Yes, nobody calls me either, but that is probably my own fault, because I don’t call anybody back, so of course they no longer call me. My determination to learn English became my one true delight. I couldn’t remain gloomy for long.

I was born under the sign of Scales/Libra and my true nature can’t abide gloom. Of course I lose my balance when something wrong happens to me but I try to re-gain it as quickly as possible . I try to analyse what happened around me - and this helps.

One thing is very right. I was experiencing every feeling what you wrote in your poem. Those were the terrible, relentless days. I got over them. Unfortunately the men found it more difficultly to get over them. I tried to be a support to my husband and help him to digest the insults. He loved me but he loved our children (sometimes) more than me. He was a good father and our children adored him, and me too of course.

The straw that finally broke the came’sl back happened on our daughter’s visit. My husband always used to say: Think of Raskolnikov’s mother who said to him: " You can’t cause me as much gloom as the happiness you have brought me." It worked, and I became always forgiving.

But what happened now? Neither my husband nor I could profit from Dostoyevsky’s thought. Of course I was crying lot, even yesterday, but I don’t want to dwell on it and I do my best that he shouldn’t care about it either.

I am sorry to have burdened you with our family problems.
Your poem is very true and beautiful.

Best regards:
Kati Svaby

This picture was taken few weeks ago. I send to you for that to show you that I am not a melancholic person.

Hello Kitosdad,

I believe you have done lot of good too to many of the people. The aggregate of total good and total wrongs must be something to appreciate. Then how come there be no moments to be truly happy! To keep it simple and interesting I want to be in optimism always.

Best regards,

Mujibur

Hello Kitos,

I couldn’t open my laptop only in the morning. After I had to work lot because there is a renovation in our country house. Now after this letter I must continue doing domestic chore - but I stole a few moments and I opened my laptop and it was the great surprise, your correction.

How do you think that I would resent your correction!? On the contrary, I became very happy. Many, many thanks Kitos. I can’t find words to express my gratitude.

I hope you are better. Now I have no time to be sad whereas I would have cause for it.

Again many thanks and best regards:
Kati Svaby

Hello Kati Svaby,

Acceptance and tolerance are the keys of happy life! I find you with the most pragmatic orientations. You must not dwell on pessimism! Let you smile and let the whole world smile always in return!

Best regards,

Mujibur

Great poem!!! keep them coming!

I am so proud about Kitosdad You have talent and I always read your messages
My mane is Lidiya I live in US I want to friend who has time write letter

my warm regard

Good morning Lidya. I am not always on the Forum, but whenever you write I will attempt to reply.

Regards, Kitos.

Please listen to my recording and respond with a voice message too. Many thanks.

Hello Kitos,

How are you? I miss your poems and letters very much. Now I read your correction about one of my letters to you. You had found 28 mistakes what I am sure I would make again that’s why I made a study of my mistakes.

Here are the two letters I think that these mistakes teach other people a lesson.

Best regards:
Kati Svaby