The most important thing

In a small city, there was a little boy named Jack. He lived with his mother in a small house. His father was dead because of his illness when Jack was just a child. In his memory, the figure of Dad appeared foggily. All what he could memorise is the sobbing sounds from his Mum. He was nourished by his mother who had to work very hard to earn enough money to cover her family’s everyday needs.

When Jack was eight years old, his mother asked him :” What is the most important thing to you ?”. After reflecting for a while, he answered :” Mummy, I think the eyes is the most important things. Without eyes, I cannot see Mummy, cannot watch the television and I cannot go anywhere, either ! ”. He didn’t know why Mum asked him this question, but he thought his answer didn’t make Mum satisfied. Mum just said “you will know when you grow up “.

Four years later, Jack – in the age of twelve – still remembered this question. One day, he told his mother : ”according to what I was taught by my biology teacher, the most important thing is water. The human body is about sixty percent water. We need water to live and work. Without water, we cannot do anything and we will die “.
Mum just smiled and said “you will know when you grow up“.

When Jack was in year ten, he loved a girl. These first undescriptive feelings made his heart beat fast. He thought that relationship was unreplaceable. He told Mum “ Love is the most important thing in a human life. Love is my power. I miss her all day and I cannot do anything without her. She is my whole life and I can do everything for her”. Mum still smiled and said “you will know when you grow up“.

However, he soon realised these feelings were just temporary. He said goodbye to her and spent most of time for learning. He learned quite hard and finally he was admitted into a famous university. He was twenty then, and he tried to answer his mother’s question again. “The most important thing is learning. You must learn well so that we can get a good job and earn a lot of money”. Like the previous time, Mum said “you will know when you grow up“- once again.

In the age of thirties, he was one of the most excellent young businessman. He got married and had an obedient daughter. But he was very busy with his work. He needed time to take care of his mother and his little family. But the answer “time” seemed not to satisfy Mum. She said this sentence once more time. He wondered why Mum considered him as a child.

Ten years later, he was quite rich. He had a comfortable house, a wealthy life but his health had some problem - he had leukemia. Fortunately, he had a donor and a successful surgery. His health could be better and he realised that your health is the most important thing. His mother kept silent, so he think that is the most suitable answer.

Time passed by, it never stopped to wait for anyone. His Mum was very old then and she was at the point of death. He was in the sick-room and sitting by her side. Until then, he knew the answer for this question. “The most important thing in human being’s life is … human. Nothing hurts more than seeing the people who you love are sad and you cannot do anything for them. People would rather hurt themselves than to ever make someone they love cry. It’s too difficult to say goodbye to someone you really love… !”. Mum smiled and closed her eyes. It looked as if she’d already listened the answer which she wanted her “little son” to tell her. Her son was really an adult.

Could you please correct the mistakes for this article ? Thanks so much !

TOEFL listening lectures: Which aspect of bee behavior does the professor mainly discuss?

In a small city, there was a little boy named Jack. He lived with his mother in a small house. His father was dead died when Jack was just a child because of AN illness when Jack was just a child. In his memory, the figure of Dad appeared foggily. All That he could memorise REMEMBER is the sobbing sounds from his Mum. He was nourished by his mother who had to work very hard to earn enough money to cover her family’s everyday needs.

When Jack was eight years old, his mother asked him :” What is the most important thing to you ?”. After reflecting for a while, he answered :” Mummy, I think the MY eyes is ARE the most important things. Without eyes, I cannot see Mummy, cannot watch the television, and I cannot go anywhere, either ! ”. He didn’t know why Mum asked him this question, but he thought his answer didn’t make Mum satisfied. Mum just said “you will know when you grow up “.

Four years later, Jack – AT the age of twelve – still remembered this question. One day, he told his mother : ”according to what I was taught by my biology teacher, the most important thing is water. The human body is about sixty percent water. We need water to live and work. Without water, we cannot do anything and we will die “.
Mum just smiled and said “you will know when you grow up“.

When Jack was in year ten, he loved a girl. These first undescRIBABLE feelings made his heart beat fast. He thought that relationship was IRreplaceable. He told Mum “ Love is the most important thing in a human life. Love is my power. I miss her all day and I cannot do anything without her. She is my whole life and I can do everything for her”. Mum still smiled and said “you will know when you grow up“.

However, he soon realised these feelings were just temporary. He said goodbye to THE GIRL and spent most of time IN learning. He learned quite hard and finally he was admitted into a famous university. He was twenty then, and he tried to answer his mother’s question again. “The most important thing is learning. You must learn well so that we can get a good job and earn a lot of money”. Like the previous time, Mum said “you will know when you grow up“- once again.

AT the age of thirtY, he was one of the most excellent young businessmEn. He got married and had an obedient daughter. But he was very busy with his work. He needed time to take care of his mother and his little family. But the answer “time” seemed not to satisfy Mum. She said this sentence once more time. He wondered why Mum considered him as a child.

Ten years later, he was quite rich. He had a comfortable house, a wealthy life but his health had some problem - he had leukemia. Fortunately, he had a donor and a successful surgery. His health could be better and he realised that your health is the most important thing. His mother kept silent, so he THOUGHT that is the most suitable answer.

Time passed by, it never stopped to wait for anyone. His Mum was very old then and she was at the point of death. He was in the sick-room and sitting by her side. Until then, he knew the answer for this question. “The most important thing in human being’s life is … human. Nothing hurts more than seeing the people who you love are sad and you cannot do anything for them. People would rather hurt themselves than to ever make someone they love cry. It’s too difficult to say goodbye to someone you really love… !”. Mum smiled and closed her eyes. It looked as if she’d already listened the answer which she wanted her “little son” to tell her. Her son was really an adult.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Not bad at all KK. Entertaining.

Kitos. 8/10