The Final Revision!

Thanks

color=red Although they are more likely the forerunners of tomorrow’s cars electric cars cannot compete in today’s market.
Although they are more likely the forerunners of tomorrow’s cars, electric cars cannot compete in today’s market.

color=red Due to the sudden increase in demand prices rose sharply.
Due to the sudden increase in demand, prices rose sharply.

color=red There is a widespread but apparently wrong belief that people are more likely to commit suicide in December
How can I correct this?
Is that OK?
There is a widespread, but apparently wrong belief that people are more likely to commit suicide in December.

color=red The man screamed loudly however no one approached him with offers of help.
color=blue The man screamed loudly, however no one approached him with offers of help.
color=blue The man screamed loudly; however, no one approached him with offers of help.

Your corrections for 23 and 24 are OK. There is absolutely nothing wrong with 25, but you if you insist on commas, use two of them. I prefer, as I said, 26B. The phrase intended above is ‘state police’, not ‘police state’!

Thanks!

color=red To deal with the problem I talked to my supervisor.
To deal with the problem, I talked to my supervisor.

color=red I cannot promise to win the race but I will do my best.
I cannot promise to win the race, but I will do my best.

color=red Though we sat only ten feet from the magician we still couldn’t see where the birds came from.
Though we sat only ten feet from the magician, we still couldn’t see where the birds came from. (Using a Subordination “Though”)

color=red Dr.Hamed the family doctor has died after a long struggle with cancer.
Dr.Hamed the, family doctor, has died after a long struggle with cancer. 9Using Appositive Phrase)

All OK. I wouldn’t bother with a comma in 27.

Thanks,
but can you tell me why wouldn’t I use a comma in 27?
The sentence begins with a Phrase “To deal with the problem”, from my knowledge I already know that I should use a comma after that…

color=blue Being very busy he didn’t have time to talk to me.
Being very busy, he didn’t have time to talk to me.

color=blue If you are not going to help don’t promise to.
If you are not going to help, don’t promise to.

color=blue As soon as the sun came out everybody headed for the beach
As soon as the sun came out, everybody headed for the beach

color=blue I wanted yo visit my parents however I didn’t have time.
I wanted yo visit my parents; however, I didn’t have time.

but can you tell me why wouldn’t I use a comma in 27?– As I said before— because the opening phrase is short and the sentence is clear without the comma.

I agree with 31-34. I might not use one in 33.

Thanks!

color=red She who eats a lot is fat.
She, who eats a lot, is fat.

color=red Having been our tutor Mrs.Harris knew us the moment she saw us.
Having been our tutor, Mrs.Harris knew us the moment she saw us.

color=red He doesn’t do any exercise however he is thin.
He doesn’t do any exercise; however, he is thin.

color=red We will take our decision then we will let you know.
color=blue We will take our decision then we will let you know.
color=blue We will take our decision ,then we will let you know.

I don’t have a point why you always ignore my questions in the middle of the way!!!

You always do that…
You have ignored my “Combining Sentences” before and now you ignored my Final Revision,
Well, I think I don’t have to waste my time posting again…

Because I have specified my time for this revision and I just hoped to finish Run on Sentences before Monday ends…

Your rudeness and ungratefulness after so many people have helped with your questions is truly astonishing.

My rudeness??!!!
Yes, just because you have always been ignoring my questions and interrupting it in the middle, and I said I have to finish this revision as quick as possible before 28the January.

And you say that I am just ungrateful to you after all these questions, so all you want is thanks???

What have I been typing at the top of each of my post after your reply?
Thanks
Have you seen it?

Nobody here is under any obligation to answer your questions within your deadline, or at all. You are reliant on people’s interest and goodwill. Complaining and making demands is not a good way to engender that goodwill.

Well, and your reply like this is not also fine to most of people…
Since you haven’t replied my last questions for a long time, that means you all don’t want to answer the questions anymore…
You JUST have said this to me just to let me know that you don’t want to help so I stop annoying for nothing… and search somewhere else for help.

You will see that I tried to answer some of your questions recently in this thread (yesterday, I believe). In fact, I was about to try to answer the last batch (35-38), until I noticed your comment, which I found offputting, to say the very least. I suppose, being as charitable as possible, something may have got lost in the translation…

Fine,
I have heard this before that you were going to answer my reply,
Well, it all depends on you now whether you want to help or not, people.
I will not post anymore so as to make you happy and not to annoy you.

I almost forgot, so I don’t be reliant to your goodwill as you say…

Well, I think there is no need for you to stop posting here on the basis of this spat. Even if I didn’t answer your future posts, other members here will of course continue to do as they choose. Anyway, despite my objections to your apparent attitude in the post I commented on earlier, I will continue to answer any of your questions that appeal to me in future.

I appreciate you have a short deadline, BlackCitadel. However, other people here also have deadlines for things other than forum posts. Please remember that our help is offered voluntarily.
With so many questions already answered, and the types of questions being repeated as often as they were, you seem to have largely got the hang of things anyway.

Earlier today I would have offered my opinion that 35 is over-punctuated, but I was wary of doing so after earlier responses.
The others are okay.

Well,
If you really have no problem that I post again,
well I will skip Run-On sentences for now…

Combine the following sentences to get only one independent clause.
(1) The campus parking problem is getting worse.
The university is not building any new garages.
[color=blue]Though the campus parking problem is getting worse, the university is not building any new garages.

(2) The US has been overly dependent on foreign oil for many years.
Alternate sources of energy are now only being sought.
[color=blue]While the US has been overly dependent on foreign oil, alternate sources of energy are only now being sought.

(3) Indiana used to be an agriculture state.
It has recently attracted more people.
[color=blue]Since Indiana is used to be an agriculture state, it has recently attracted more people.

(4) The room fell silent.
The TV newscaster has reported the story of the earthquake.
We all stopped what we were doing.
[color=blue]Since the TV newscaster reported the story of the Earthquake, the room fell silent because we all stopped what we were doing.

Now, answer these as gently as you can,
I don’t have any problem now even if you didn’t answer them because I have no point but to use my brain during the exam…
I will let it to the god’s ability whether I answered them correct or not.

I’d be unhappy with (3)s use of ‘since’. It implies that the second phrase is dependent on the first phrase. This is not obvious in the original. Also, strictly speaking, it should be ‘agricultural state’.
My suggestion would be:
Indiana used to be an agricultural state but it has recently attracted more people.

(4) again has a strange use of ‘since’. It’s not right there.
As the TV newscaster reported the story of the Earthquake, the room fell silent because we all stopped what we were doing.
alternatively
When the TV newscaster reported the story of the Earthquake, the room fell silent because we all stopped what we were doing.

Putting our earlier argument hopefully behind us, I wish you good luck in your exam.

(4) Leon was a French fur trader.
He accompanied the expedition as a translator.
color=blue Leon, a French fur trader, accompanied the expedition as a translator.
(B) Leon, who was a French fur trader, accompanied the expedition as a translator.
© Leon was a French fur trader and he accompanied the expedition as a translator.

(2) Mark Twain’s house was very elegant.
It was in an area called Nook Farm.
It was in Farmington Avenue.
color=blue Mark Twain’s house, which was in an area called Nook Farm and Farmington Avenue, was very elegant.
(B) Mark Twain’s house, which was in area called Nook Farm and which was in Farmington Avenue, was very elegant.
© Leon’s house, a very elegant house, which was in area called Nook Farm, was in Farmington Avenue.

(3) Mark Twain is the author of Huckleberry Finn.
He lived in Hartford for several years.
Huckleberry Finn is a classic American novel.
[color=blue]Mark Twain, the author of Huckleberry Finn which is a classic American novel, lived in Hartford for several years.

January 2007
(4) The student scored the highest in Math.
The student was praised by the professor.
color=blue Because the student scored the highest in Math, he was praised by the professor.
(B) The student, who scored the highest in Math, was praised by the professor.

(5) Mr.Hans got married last week.
He is filling for divorce next week.
color=blue Though Mr.Hans got married last week, he is filling for divorce next week.
(B) Mr.Hans, who got married last week, is filling for divorce next week.
© Mr.Hans got married last week, but is filling for divorce next week.

(6) There might be disagreement about the causes of Global Warming.
No one denies that it is real.
[color=blue]Though there might be disagreement about the causes of Global Warming, no one denies that it is real.

(7) The law promises to provide equal opportunities to all.
Personal prejudices interfere with the application of the law.
[color=blue]Though the law promises to provide equal opportunities to all, personal prejudices interfere with the application of the law.

However, these kind of sentences is very complex and I answer them hardly and with no confidence…
Answer them or not, It’s OK. I already said I have no problem now.