The enjoyment of watching the event on TV

Would you mind helping me correct the essay about the topic below? Thank you very much.

Topic: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Attending a live performance(for example, a play, concert, or sporting event) is more enjoyable than watching the same event on television. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.

In the world nowadys, life of almost everyone has become very hectic and boring due to busy routine either because of study, job or household works. Everyone needs enjoyment to get rid of this boring routine. Some people have interest in sports, some like music, while others enjoy watching dramas or movies. Some people enjoy these events live more than watching the same events on TV. As far as I am concerned, I always prefer to watch sports, dramas or music concert on TV. I enjoy these events more on TV than attending them live.

Firstly, watching a performance on TV is more enjoyable. You do not have to buy a ticket. You can also enjoy coffee while sitting relaxed on sofa in your TV lounge. There would not be any noise of people during performance; you can enjoy the sow in a quite relaxing environment of your home. And if the show is not interesting; you would have option of change the channel, in this way you would not have any regret of money and time wastage.

Secondly, it’s more comfortable than attending a live one. Take concert for example, if you go to concert, you had better wear formal and dress good-looking. There is no one wears jeans to concert. However, if you watching it on TV, it doesn’t matter whether you wear pajamas or not. In addition to wearing night clothes, you also can lie on the sofa with eating popcorn, drinking soda. Most importantly, you can answer or give phone call whenever you want.

Thirdly, if the show is not interesting, all of your money and your precious time would be wasted. There would be lot of noise of people during live performance, so the voice of the performer cannot be heard clearly. If you get a seat in the end row of the hall or stadium, you are not able to watch clearly who is performing or in case of sports event you would able to see which player is playing. These are the drawbacks of attending live performance which spoil enjoyment of a show.

On the other hand, in order to attend a live event you have to buy a ticket. There might be a long queue and you must have to wait for a long time to get a ticket. In addition, you must have to reach at least an hour before show timing if the hall is not near to your house and if, by chance, you got stuck into traffic on the way to the hall or stadium, you would definitely miss some part of the game or performance.

To sum up briefly, I do not agree that live performance is more enjoyable than watching the same event on TV because I always enjoy a performance in a relaxed environment of my home, sitting on a sofa with a glass of soda in my hand.

Hope that helps,

Alan

2 Likes