The effects of divorce on children

Dear Kitos,

You mind if I ask you to tell your opinion about this essay of mine? Also, could you rate it for me too?

Thank you in advance my dearest friend. :slight_smile:

In definition, marriage is a promise that starts by making a simple vow and ends with death, this picturesque, tremendous and imaginary period will results in keeping two persons back to back of each other. The couples may have to face with many threats against their marriage; Sometime an agitated reaction, an arrogance decision or a grudgingly thought can cause that the chains of love between them simply falls apart which we call it a divorce. Divorcee can make a true love beaten and rusty. It is the dark side of the marriage with lots of negative effects, not just on those two persons but on people around them, especially the children whom once belonged to this life.

The children of divorce are vulnerable, sensitive and delicate. They are bereaved of having the care of both their mothers and fathers at the same place and the same time. It is like to lose one of the for having the other one, they always feel emptiness on their hearts, something like having a piece of puzzle missed, but to be forced to seek for rest of the life. This hole is called obsession. In the first place, it is the worst effect of divorce on a child who has not his character even shaped and formed yet.

Despite of these kinds of mental problems, these children are the only witnesses of their parent’s fights. They see the violent between two grown-up persons. And what do you think will happen then? After getting mature, they always will have problems with the marriage. Some will get frightened of this natural part of the life and some will accept it through a strict violent repercussion it contains. They are all incompetent for handling this burden and will suffer from that anyhow. So, unusual extroversive treatments are the second outstanding result of divorce.

More than those two problems, it will have bitter and intense effects on society. These children are supposed to become the propulsion assets of future for that society. It will be hard for a person with lots of stress, aggressive acts and such isolated to find a chance to grow up and progress amongst the normal people. Their delicate sensuality can lead them to get involved with negative things like drug addiction much easier than a normal person with strong character, or other threats that can harm them.

All in All, as much as a marriage is sweet, a divorce is bitter, not for both married persons, but mostly for the children of divorce. Although it’s unavoidable and in some cases, a divorce can save a life, but it will show its negative affects on delicate side of that, the children. It cause obsession, aggressive treatments in their maturity and lots of negative harms for the society.

TOEFL listening discussions: Why did the young woman sit in the rear seat of the car?

P.S: I did a minor correction in the first paragraph where it was: … threats against their marriage; Sometime an agitated reaction, an arrogance …

hi Brother can you tell me ESL stands for???
Waiting…
Thanks in Advance

Is this English as a Second Language or English Study Learning/ Lanaguage??

Hi PQ,

Honestly I don’t know what ESL stands for, but I think English as a Second Language is more logical and proper. You should ask it from Torsten, I think. :slight_smile:

Mixmixi

Okay thank you so much. But we must know this as we are posting our essays in ESL Forum.

Okay thank you so much. But we must know this as we are posting our essays in ESL Forum.

You are obviously right PQ, maybe someone could tell us about?

Mixmixi

It is English as a second language.

BY definition, marriage is a promise that starts OUT WITH TWO PEOPLE making a simple vow THAT WILL end with THE death OF ONE OF THE PARTIES.
This picturesque, tremendous and imaginary period will result in keeping two persons back to back of each other. The couples may have to face many threats against their marriage; Sometime an agitated reaction, an arroganT decision or a grudging thought can BE THE cause that the chains of love between them simply falling apart, which we call a divorce.
Divorcee can make a true love beaten and rusty. It is the dark side of the marriage, with lots of negative effects, not just on those two persons, but on people around them, especially the children whom once belonged to this PARTNERSHIP.

The children of divorce are vulnerable, sensitive and delicate. They are bereaved of having the care of both their mother and father at the same place and the same time.
It is like HAVING to lose one of theM for having the other one. They always feel emptiness in their hearts, something like having a piece of a puzzle missING, but to be forced to seek for rest of YOUR life. This hole is called obsession. In the first place, it is the worst effect of divorce on a child who has not his character even shaped and formed yet.

Despite these kinds of mental problems, these children are the only witnesses of their parent’s fights. They see the violenCE between two grown-up persons. And what do you think will happen then? After becoming mature themselves, they always will have problems with their marriage. Some will get frightened of this natural part of the life, and some will accept it through a strict violent repercussion it contains. They are all incompetent in handling this burden and will suffer from that. So, unusual extrovert actions are the second outstanding result of divorce.

More than those two problems, it will have a bitter and intense effect on society. These children are supposed to become the propulsional assets of future for society. It will be hard for a person with lots of stress, aggressive acts and such isolated emotions to find a chance to grow up and progress amongst normal people. Their delicate sensuality can lead them to get involved with negative things like drug addiction much easier than a normal person with a strong character.

All in all, as much as a marriage is sweet, a divorce is bitter, not for both married persons, but mostly for the children of divorce. Although it’s unavoidable and in some cases, a divorce can save a life, but it will show its negative affects on the delicate side of the children. It cause obsession, aggressive treatments in their maturity and lots of negative harm for society.
…
Well covered Mix, but you are becoming a little rusty. I know it is difficult when those around you don’t speak English. Nevertheless, you must keep up! Start reading again.
University beckons, and you can’t afford to arrive unprepared.

Kitos. 8/10

Thank you Bill for the corrections. For sure I will take your advice. :slight_smile: Really appreciate it.

Mixmixi

The exact effects of divorce to children are often determined based upon their. If you have a very young child, chances are they revert towards baby-like behavior again. This includes behavior such as wetting the bed after being potty trained, clinging to a security blanket, or other security toy, and even becoming clingy towards parents. If your child is experiencing the trauma of a divorce, they are highly confused and do not know how to behave.