The discovery in the last 100 years has been most beneficial for people in my country

Would you mind helping me correct the essay about the topic below? Thank you very much.

Topic: What discovery in the last 100 years has been most beneficial for people in your country? Use specific reasons and examples to support your choice.

Over the last hundred years, there have been many studies leading to discoveries of great value to the world and also to my country. In my opinion, the discovery in the last 100 years that has been most beneficial for people in my country is a laptop. Here are the three following reasons.

First and foremost, the laptop is convenient. Accordingly, if the desktop computer could not help us take it anywhere, now the laptops with only a slightly larger size than A4 paper will be a great choice for us to take to work far away. Just fold it and put it in your bag, we can take them on business trips, bring them to class with great convenience. Especially nowadays, the weight of these products is decreasing day by day so this will definitely be a great choice that you should consult.

In the second place, we can connect to the internet to perform extremely useful information searches. Especially for the students, this requirement is increasingly important. Because in the university classes, the requirement for students to self-study is extremely high, while the knowledge at school only plays a minor role. In addition, looking up information on the internet via laptop is absolutely necessary and useful because this is a free information repository that people in modern society need to know to take advantage of.

Thirdly and the most importantly, laptop is the safest and most convenient place to store data. Before, all data needed to be saved through the manuscripts into books, now there is a faster and more convenient way that many people have been applying. That is stored on laptops. By performing text entry operations, we can store this data for hundreds of years or even forever. Moreover, if the amount of storage is too large, we do not need to worry too much. With just one USB, we can store all these data instead of using tons of wasted paper.

To sum up, laptop is the most beneficial discovery for people in my country in the last 100 years. It is convenient, connected to the internet and also the safest and most convenient place to store data.

3 Likes