The cost of power is getting down to where

As the activity shifts from the exchange post to the matching engine, those transactions are viewed in terms that matter most in the data center - the amount of power consumed.
“Our real business is power consumption and capacity of compute,” said Young. “That is our bread and butter. We sell space in our data centers by the kilowatt. We meter people’s cabinets. The more (trading) they do in those cabinets and the hotter they run, the more we earn. The cost of power is getting down to where people are making trading decisions based on it.”

What is meant by ‘get down to’ in this context,please?

I think it means that the cost of the power is having a direct influence on the trading decisions that people are making.
To be honest though, it’s not exactly the most clear example of plain English you could find, so I’m prepared to admit that I could be very wrong and someone else might read it in a different way.

I frankly don’t understand the subject, but I think that ‘get down to’ itself has the usual meaning: ‘culminate in’, ‘resolve into’.

I am wondering if the sentence could be interpreted as:

The cost of power is (getting down) to the point in which people are making trading decisions based on it."

Cf. Cost-cutting U.S. airlines is getting down to the bone.

Thank you all!