The contributions of artist to society with the contributions of scientists to so

It is generally agreed that society benefits from the work of its members. compare the contributions of artist to society with the contributions of scientists to society. which type of contribution do you think is valued more by your society?

As mentioned here I also agree that generally society benefits from the work of it’s members. When it comes to an artist and a scientist their contributions are really different but valuable.
Artist helps the society by giving mental health in the forms of dramas, arts, dances and movies on the other hand scientist support the society by developing the physical health. Actually I can’t align myself with the either party as I have some reservations on both.

As you can see scientist efforts in giving standard life to the people in the society has a great value. Without there contributions we would never be able to live luxurious life style as what we are living today. Thankful to the greatest scientist in the history we have electricity, telecommunication, Internet, etc. Further, when we consider the developments of health care system scientist have contributed much more precious things to the society. X-ray, CT scan, MRI, and ECG are some of them.

On the other hand artist have contributed many things for us. Even though it seems less important, those things has a great effect on the society. For instance, people must have something to enjoy as they are exhausted at the end of the day. If not eventually they will become sick. Scientist also believes that mental health is important to humans. Artist are the people who produce these kind of entertainments, like TV shows, movies, dances, arts etc. Without artists, society would never survive. Their contribution is also very essential.

All in all, contributions of scientist as well as artists are very important to the society and ones work can not be overestimated by another as both are really beneficial to the society.

TOEFL listening discussions: What is the purpose of this meeting?

Hi Nerry
Sorry, I can just skim it in haste right now.
I had made some suggestion for Naiverock, you can read them:
english-test.net/forum/ftopic46747.html

(I don’t think so dear……you meant: Artists=psychiatrist ….and scientists are doctors) I know your answer is : no…but it cause a misunderstanding. If I knew what you meant I could revise it.

You have used thing/things/something….very much
Try to use alternative words

Ignore my suggestions whenever you feel the need to.
Let me know if you have any suggestion.
Good luck with your writing my friend.

Thanks Richard!

Actually I can’t align myself with the either party as I have some reservations on both.(?it doesn’t make sense to me-what did you mean?)

Really I’v made a mistake by writing about 2 parties there. :shock: How silly I am!!!

And yes! I have used thing/things/something…. a lot. Have to try some alternatives!

Thanks again for your time and I appreciate your help very much.
Good luck with your work!

You’re welcome.
Needless to say, you have improved.
soon you’ll write better than me.
Thanks.