The Causes of Traffic Jam in Hanoi

Have you had any experience about the traffic jam in Hanoi? Many motorcycles and bicycles are stuck at the crossroads. It is especially hard to you to go at the peak hour. This critical situation in Hanoi is caused by individual, infrastructure and scheme factors. The purpose of this paper is to analyze these three main causes of traffic jam in Hanoi.

The first and immediate cause of traffic jam in Hanoi is the individual knowledge. This cause refers to characteristics of Hanoi people. For example, many people don’t follow the traffic rules. They try to across the road even when the light is red. The lack of consciousness to follow the traffic rules is one of the most significant factors that contributes to traffic jam.

The second cause of traffic jam in Hanoi has to do with infrastructure. For example, stastics show that Hanoi has not enough roads for a good traffic. In addition the roads are small. Because of this, people have no choice. They have to go the same road when they go home or go to work, even when they know exactly that they will get traffic jam on the way going home.

The third and most significant cause of traffic jam in Hanoi is the scheme of the city. Although the government has tried to improve it, but the scheme is still a problem. Some new roads are built, and some old roads are made larger. But these tries like a drop in the sea.

Nobody likes the traffic jam. In order to have a good traffic, Hanoi people should learn traffic rules. Hanoi also needs a good scheme of city and good roads.

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture from a science class

Hoado, you REALLY must re-write this essay. Read each sentence carefully and ask yourself if it sounds correct.

We will gladly help you, but you must first do your best alone.

Kitos.

Dear Kitosdad,

Thank you very much for your help. I have seen you help many students here. This site is so helpful for people who want to improve their English.
I will re-write my essay, and I hope I could do it better.

Best,
Hoa

I really do hate to criticize, but most times the recipient of my criticism returns to thank me.

Dear Kitosdad,

A very good morning to you. I appreciate very much your time and your help.
The recipient of your criticism returns to thank you because he knows that you are helping him to improve his English. So please keep correcting my mistakes.

Have a good day!
Hoado

Dear Kitos,

How are you today? Have you written any new story or poem? I have read some of your stories and poems on the forum. To be honest, I do not understand all of them because there are many new words to me. But I like some poems and stories which I can understand, like “My grandparents”, “The Dead Poet’s Society”, “My best friend”… They are emotional and nice.

Now I want to tell you about my writing study. To re-write this essay, I started to read articles about “Traffic jam in Hanoi” which I found on the internet this morning. It is a very interesting work because my vocabulary about “traffic” has been improving. I am listing all the causes of traffic jam in Hanoi on a paper. Then I will chose three to four main causes from the list to write about. And I will support all causes with supporting details. Do you think it is good?

I am going to have some tea, so I stop here. Thank you very much for your advice. Talk to you later.

Have a good day!
Hoado

Hi Hoado,
don’t you think that nobody here knows about Hanoi ?
Secondly, i must admit that your writting is not like an essay at all. What are you supporting ?
I know how terrible the traffic in Hanoi is but i think you should use a general topic for toefl test here.
What about the topic : if you can change one important thing in your country or your city, what will you chose? Use specific reasons to support your answer.
However, everything above is just my opinion.
Sorry for disturbing.
Lee

Hi Alive,

Thank you for your response and advice.
Have a good day!

Hoado

Dear Kitos,
I’ve just re-wrote this essay. Please read and check it for me. Thank you very much in advance.
Have a good day!
Hoado

[color=green]The Causes of Traffic Jam in Hanoi

To answer the question: “What does Hanoi make impressed on you?”, most tourists’ answers are “Traffic”. The traffic in Hanoi can be a nightmare for any visitor for the first time because it is very chaotic. It is especially terrible during the rush hour when everyone is attempting to get to work or to get home quickly. There have been severe traffic congestions on many streets that sometimes lasts for hours. The purpose of this essay is to discuss the main causes of traffic jams in Hanoi which are the fast increase of vehicles, poor infrastructure, and poor awareness of people.

The first cause of traffic jam in Hanoi is the fast increase of vehicles. Recently many people have bought cars and used it as a transport. In addition, the number of motorcycles also has been increasing in recently years. Every family has 2-4 motorcycles. This causes the big number of transport in the streets. As a consequence, traffic congestions always happen on the rush hour.

The second and important of traffic jam is the poor infrastructure. Although many high buildings have built in Hanoi, but the infrastructure is not good enough. When a high building is built, it means every day many people come and leave that building especially on the rush hour. Five years ago, with the same road, there were not many cars and motorcycles, so it was fine. But nowadays the number of vehicle has been increasing day by day so of course the same road can not support enough.

The third and final cause of traffic jam in Hanoi is the poor awareness of people. It is very common to see many people do not follow the traffic law. Sometimes a driver can stop his car in the middle of the road in 10 minutes to do buy cigarettes, to say “hi” with his friend in the street or to put luggages into the car. Many people who drive motorcycles do not care about the traffic law, they turn right or left freely, even where it is not allowed to turn right or left. In addition, some people walk across the roads freely. They even do not care for their own safety.

As you can see, the causes of traffic jam in Hanoi which are the fast increase of vehicles, poor infrastructure, and poor awareness of people. In order to solve this problem, the government should have a good plan to reduce the traffic jams, like to build a good scheme of city, and traffic law should be taught well to every one.

Hi,
I re-wrote this essay last week. Please read and correct it. Thank you very much.

Hoado

Hi Hoado.
Considered the beginning, it is no way for customers to say " traffic" is the most impressive scene for this capital city. Ha Noi is more than that thing. Moreover, it is not the city’s designed structure or its citizen 's consciousness but the government control is blamed for this matter. If they did not let their lovely staff embezzling public money or have made some traffic intelligent plans, thing would be better these days.
In general, the essay is a clear evidence that have showed your endeavor and grammatical improvement. Just go on, my friend.
Sincerely.

Dear Hoado, I am so sorry that I missed your revised essay. It is too late for me to do it now, but I promise I will give it my full attention tomorrow.

Again, my apologies.

Kitos.

The primary causes of traffic jams in Hanoi.

WHEN ASKED the question, “What HAS IMPRESSED YOU MOST ABOUT Hanoi?, most tourists’ USUALLY REPLY, “THE AMOUNT OF TRAFFIC.”

The traffic in Hanoi can be a nightmare for any FIRST-TIME VISITOR because it is very chaotic.
It is especially terrible during the rush hour, when everyone is attempting to get to or FROM WORK quickly.

There CAN BE severe traffic congestion on many streets that sometimes lastS for hours. The purpose of this essay is to discuss the main causes of traffic jams in Hanoi which are; the ENDLESS increase IN THE NUMBER of vehicles, poor infrastructure, and THE poor awareness of people IN REGARD TO TRAFFIC LAWS.

The MAJOR cause of traffic jamS in Hanoi is the GREAT increase IN THE NUMBER of vehicles ON THE ROADS. Many MORE people ARE BUYING cars.

In PARTICULAR, the number of motorcycles has been increasing in recent years.
Every family HOME APPEARS TO POSSES UP TO FOUR motorcycles.
This FIGURE MOSTLY ACCOUNTS FOR THE LARGE AMOUNT of transport ON the streets. As a consequence, traffic congestion INEVITABLY OCCURS AT rush hour.

The second and MOST important CAUSE of traffic jamS is the poor infrastructure. Although many TALL buildings have BEEN built in Hanoi, the infrastructure is NOT ABLE TO COPE WITH THE HIGH VOLUME OF VEHICLES.
When SUCH A building is built, it means THAT every day MORE AND MORE people come to, and leave that building, especially in the rush hour.

Five years ago, ON THAT same road, there were not SO many cars and motorcycles, so it was fine, but nowadays the number of vehicleS has been increasing day by day, so of course the same road JUST cannot COMFORTABLY ACCOMMODATE SUCH INCREASES.

The third and final cause of traffic jamS in Hanoi is the poor awareness of THE ROAD-USERS.
It is very common to see many people COMPLETELY IGNORING the traffic lawS.
Sometimes a driver WILL stop his car in the middle of the road FOR 10 minutes to buy cigarettes, to say “Hi” TO his friend in the street, or to put luggage into the car.
Many people who drive motorcycles PAY NO ATTENTION TO the traffic lawS. They turn right or left freely, even where THIS is not PERMITTED.
In addition, some people walk across the roads WITHOUT REGARD FOR their own safety.

As you can see, the PRIMARY causes of traffic jamS in Hanoi ARE; the increase IN THE NUMBER OF vehicles USING THE ROADS, THE poor infrastructure, and THE UNawareness of people TO ONGOING TRAFFIC CONDITIONS.

In order to solve this problem, the government should DEVISE a SENSIBLE plan to reduce traffic jams, like DESIGNING A BETTER LAYOUT of THE city, and MORE IMPORTANTLY, traffic lawS should be taught to everyone.

Good morning Hoado, your limited vocabulary is restricting your ability to construct a more impressive essay. Do more reading. Your word power will benefit greatly by your doing so. The essay was good, but would have been far better if your vocabulary had been greater.

Kitos.

Hi Darkangel,

Thank you for your comment. Do you know what? I am always happy to get every comment or response to my writings. Because they make me think and try to do better.
Yes, you are right about it is not the city’s designed structure or its citizen’s consciousness but the government control is blamed for this matter. Traffic jams is one of causes to make pollution. They are becoming more worse day by day. It is really terrible. I do not know when the government will solve this problem.
Hope to get your comments for my next writings.

Have a good day.
Hoado

Dear Kitos,
Thank you very much for your help. You are right that my limited vocabulary is restricting my ability to construct a more impressive essay. Actually, I have learned many new words from writing essays. For example, with this essay I have learned some new words as “a nightmare”, “chaotic”, “traffic congestion”, “the infrastructure”, “vehicles”, etc. Sure, I will read more and I will try to do better.
Thanks.
Wish you the best.
Hoado

Hanoi traffic problem seems like major traffic jam in hyderabad, India .

In Hyderabad people aware of traffic rules , but they are not ready to follow the rules ,they just want to reach theirs homes early ,they need not care about the rules
simply they making a way ang moving forward in small gaps between cars.

Many times govenment want to find a solution but it lacks foresight . so people in Hyderabad still follows their own rules .

Hi Manojkrishna,

It is nice that you shared the information about your place here. Can you please tell me more about Hyderabad? I have never seen any picture of Hyderabad and I do not know much about your place and people from there. Hope to hear from you soon.

Have a good day.
Hoado

Hello Hoado ,

Thanks a lot , Hyderabad is a city which is a mixture of old and new traditions in one place.

I mean [color=blue]hi-tech city is the technical logo of hyderabad , and [color=blue]charminar ,[color=blue]golconda fort are symbol of heritage of hyderabad.

you can find more tourist spots by using this link .

hellohyderabad.com/Hello-Hyd … Spots.aspx

Regards,
Manojkrishna

Hi Manojkrishna,
Thank you for the link about Hyderabad. Anyways, I’d like to hear from you, your introduction about your place. Can you do it? I think it is good for us to improve our English. I am waiting for your reply.
Regards,
Hoado

Hi Darkangel,

I want to change this sentence “I am always happy to get every comment or response to my writings. Because they make me think and try to do better.” into [color=green]“I am always happy with every comment on my writings because they make me consider them and try to do better.”
Have a good day.
Hoado