The Belgian government is going to urge people to go for a fourth Covid shot

Hi there,

I’ve just watched the news and our Secretary for Health is going to propose a new act or bill of Parliament to urge people to get a fourth vaccination for Covid, since omikron is spreading very quickly over our country and others. Well, @Torsten, what’s the latest news on pricking in Germany. By the way do you think we will get that virus under control?

Marc

2 Likes

Right from the start, people have been overly hopeful and overly optimistic for a vaccine. When BioNTech vaccine was announced, it was obvious that was overly optimistic also. Their claim of 94-95% was only symptomatic cases, not total cases/spreaders. Even the symptomatic cases was overly optimistic. The true effectiveness and duration were undetermined - they still aren’t known.

People need to accept that this virus is here to stay and get on with their lives. There are thousands of ways a person can get hurt, sick or killed. You can’t spend your life hiding from the world. This virus is only one minor cause of death and illness. I don’t see why such drastic measures are taken for this one thing, but not all the majority of ways people can get sick or die.

For several years I did dangerous work for a living. I knew when I went to work each day that I could be seriously injured or even killed before the end of the day. THAT was dangerous, this virus is nothing by comparison. People do all kinds of dangerous work because it needs to be done. They put their health and lives at risk to keep our civilization going. When all the people who do other types of work aren’t willing to do the same thing, it’s like a slap in the face for those of us who have done it on a daily basis for centuries.

People need to stop wimping out and get the job done. There are dangerous things in the world. Get over it and stop wimping out. Why should those of us doing dangerous “essential” work continue putting our lives at risk to support a bunch of pussy “non-essential” people who want to shut everything down because they are afraid of a little virus? That might be a crude way of putting it, but it’s exactly what’s happening. If people who do dangerous work can do it, so can everyone else.

3 Likes