The automobile has made our life become better

Would you mind helping me correct the essay about the topic below? Thank you very much.

Topic: Some people think that the automobile has improved modern life. Others think that the automobile has caused serious problems. What is your opinion? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

There has been a heated debate concerning the automobile. In fact, there is a growing sentiment that puts more emphasis on the importance of a variety of things that the automobile has improved to our modern life. At the same time, there is a solid body of opinion that dislikes and states that automobile has caused serious problems. In my opinion, I concur with the former for three primary reasons.

First and foremost, the automobile has improved the transportation. We are now living in the modern age, automobile is very necessary because they enable people to move from one particular place to another with ease. The automobile also help us to move goods that we would otherwise have carried from one place to another. Transportation is very useful as it saves a lot offers great opportunity for the owners. With transportation traveling was done by automobile. As a consequence, people can travel wider and farther.

In the second place, the automobile makes our time more efficient. We are not limited by the bus schedule, it suddenly becomes bountiful and the travel time is much shorter. For example, one day we need to go somewhere urgently but the bus is full of people waiting and the taxis already have customers, our own car is the best choice.

Thirdly and the most importantly, automobile opens many job opportunities. Human demand in modern life is increasing, there is need to employ people to help with the manufacturing of automobile. Some are mostly made by machines, at the same time it is people who are responsible for controlling these same machines. Accordingly, the presence of automobile today has led to many job opportunities for people.

To sum up briefly, I support the idea that the automobile has improved our modern life. It has improved the transportation, makes our time more efficient and also opens many job opportunities.

1 Like

Hi again. We had a similar discussion about two years ago and today I’m even more convinced that private car ownership poses a great thread to our chances of survival as a species. It might seem strange on the surface but if you really analyze all the damage private cars have been causing you will realize that this way of life is not sustainable:

We don’t need more private cars but more 15-minute cities like Paris:

https://www.weforum.org/videos/paris-is-planning-to-become-a-15-minute-city-897c12513b

2 Likes