The advantages of studying abroad

Would you mind helping me correct the essay about the topic below? Thank you very much.

Topic: Many students choose to attend schools or universities outside their home countries. Why do some students study abroad? Use specific reasons and details to explain your answer.

There has been a heated debate concerning the students’ study abroad issue. In fact, there is a growing sentiment that puts more emphasis on the importance of choosing to attend schools or universities outside their home countries. At the same time, there is a solid body of opinion that dislikes and says that studying abroad has a lot of difficulties. In my opinion, I concur with the former for three primary reasons.

First and foremost, studying abroad helps develop foreign languages. It can be said that this is one of the main reasons that many students have thought about when deciding to study abroad. To study, live and communicate in an environment entirely in English, they have to use English anytime, anywhere because English is the most popular international language. They not only have a rich vocabulary, standard grammar, but also practice good listening ability, good pronunciation, good intonation, appropriate body language. In the study abroad environment, when students interact with other people who are friends, teachers or at parks, restaurants, and supermarkets is also the time to practice their phonetics and tone. It is something they can hardly get from studying in their home country. This can be said to be a great choice to improve their English effectively.

In the second place, some students study abroad is to improve skills and life experiences. When going to a foreign country, they have to take care of everything from housing, eating, living and all problems that arise in the process of studying there. This is the best place for them to live independently, separate themselves from the protection and cover of their family. They are trained to adapt to different circumstances, situations to create a foundation and experience when entering real life. In the study abroad space, international students will receive things that for a young person are a treasure that cannot be valued such as experience, friendship, relationship, independence, confidence and growth.

Finally, studying abroad helps students to increase their job opportunities. Overseas students are often judged by employers to be active, independent, willing to take on challenges and able to cope with diverse problems in a variety of circumstances. The experience gained while living abroad and the ability to communicate in other foreign languages will help them stand out among candidates and get more attention from employers later.

To sum up briefly, I support the statement that students choose to attend schools or universities outside their home countries. It will help develop foreign languages, improve skills, life experiences and also increase their job opportunities. Some may argue that people from different cultures have different habits. Students will have to change many of their habits and embrace new ones to socialize. This is certainly not easy. In spite of that, I still reinforce my choice.

2 Likes

Dear PhuongDu, very nice topic for debate you have chosen sir, (Many students choose to attend schools or universities outside their home countries) Of course I cannot make corrections in your writing, since I am also learning English only. Choosing outside countries for studying further is possible only the student who can qualify, eligible, economically sound more over his health should also permit. Outside home studies will definitely improve the students, culture, friendship, knowledge and enrich English knowledge. Sometimes, even we studied Abroad, the students will not get employment, they have to return back to the mother country for an employment, it would make disappointment to the whole family. Considering the above, if we get scholarship, they can choose their studies in outside countries subject to assurance of employment, otherwise, it is waste of money, time and energy, we can study or choose the best course for employment and get a job in our mother country itself and utilize our knowledge to our country and we can make the nation as best as in all activities and topper / out standing performance of the world, If there is any mistake, if you find in my English, please correct it sir, ignore it.

3 Likes