Thank for checking - Essay

Thank for checking my essay :slight_smile: IT’s a kind of my own statement…not really a sample of TOEFL Essay. But I hope you can help me check grammar… Thank you so much!

Essay1
I wake up in the morning and smell something immediately everyday which is really familiar, peaceful and warm. That is the smell from the teapot of grandfather – the part of my childhood – the thing will be with me for the rest of my life.

It seems like I have grown up and known exactly how to make a cup of tea at the same time. The art of making a standard cup of tea is subtle and meticulous. From saving every pure rain drops of lotuses in my family garden as the water to make tea, choosing the best natural tea from the region which has the most ideal climate, land to plant tea – Thai Nguyen to the way warm up the teapot, wash the tea by hot water before putting it in the teapot, holding the cup, smelling and drinking each drop of tea, everything must be done correctly and perfectly. However, after all, everything is worth for such scrupulous progress.

Not many people, especially the young can be enchanted by the taste of tea when they first drink it like love at the first sight. It is bitter at first like its painstaking making progress. But when it comes down to your throat, it is sweeter and sweeter – the sweet taste that could last forever like a gift for such a hard working of you!

To me, drinking tea is much different from having coffee or other beverages. It likes an art. I don’t know why, but whenever I having coffer, I usually have a feeling like having sorrow, having something which is really hard, really serious to think about or sometimes it is a medicine to help me over come sleepiness every time exams come. It is just really different from the feeling of piece, relax, safe and sound with tea. Tea is like a teacher who has taught me many things in life. It taught me that if you want to have success, you must have passion, assiduity just like all the meticulous processes you must do in making a cup of tea, the bitterness of tea at first and the sweetness after all. It taught me that I have to calm down in every situation just like the feeling it gives to me when I enjoy it. And above all, it taught me how to grow up!

Whether it is accidental or incidental, every story grandfather had told me since I had not known how to read and write yet always had the picture of tea somehow. The way he grew up, the place he was born, the house chores he had to do, the things that the great grandfather did in free time, all of them were all around tea. It was about mornings that his mother and he plant tea. It was about the love story between grandfather and grandmother by tea fields in afternoons. It was about the happy evenings his family had and my family now is having with the hot teapot while chatting. And above all, it was about a lesson called tea and the art of tea. Things which have a pensive meaning with my ancestor, with a part of me and with where I cone from, with who I am, with will I be.

After all, in our life, there are some things that are so priceless – the things which have been built by many generations – the things we cannot deny and do not the right to forget – the things which are always so close, so normal but so meaningful at the same time. They are our traditional values, the cultural beauty, the national proud in which the art of tea is something like that to me. So don’t forget to remember them, to remember anything!

Essay 2

Given the undergraduate school to which you are applying, please discuss how will you engage academically at Penn ( around 300)

Dear the business school of the University of Pennsylvania!

( I cannot figure out anything to start my essay here since starting like this makes me feel that st is missing)

For me, market is a war. I came to Upenn not only to become a student, a businessman, a member of Upenn family but also to become a solider. I was born in a country which has an impractical, learning by heart – system. 12 years studying with that system is a very hard time for me. I was just like a losting puppy, trying to survive, to study in my own way, to prove my talent. So, all I can commit to you in the time I study in Upenn is that I won’t or won’t be able to spend all day at the school or in the library. I won’t hear and accept everything the teacher says without asking tons of questions. And above all, I will jump out to do something since a brave soldier needs much more than books, pencils or papers.
While every girl at my age now dream about romantic stories, about boys and love, I always have the same dream every time I fall asleep. The dream is about the Upenn international economic club. After classes, we gather and discuss about the topics of professors, discover about the economic status of each country as well as the global economic issues. We will have many meetings with all Upenn professors, famous people to talk about anything we are interested which the limited time in class cannot help us. Some times, we will operate some activities like selling something and change the knowledge into realistic. We will not let anything Penn give us dead in books; we will make all the lectures alive, make Penn proud of us and make us proud of Penn
And that’s definitely I will engage academically and passionately at Penn!

TOEFL listening lectures: How do botanists define a seed?

1 Like

Hi, I have just corrected your first essay - I will try to get to your second late. Very good writing, hopefully my suggestions will be helpful.

2 Likes

Oh actually you don’t have to correct the second one anymore, I can handle myself. Thank you so much for your help

1 Like

It was very interesting to read a live example before and after review. Thanks!

2 Likes