textual commentry

hello,
could someone tell me the main things to comment on when doing a textual commentary, for the frameworks; lexis, grammar, phonology, semantics, pragmatics and phonology.
thanks, plese help
xxx

Hi Ollie,

Could you please give us a little more background on your task? What text do you wan to comment on and why? It’s best if you first comment on the text yourself covering items you have mentioned.

By the way, when you want to comment on a text you should stick to proper spelling and punctuation.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC short conversations: Giving a customer information about his bank accounts[YSaerTTEW443543]

I just need to know what to comment on when doing a textual commentary.

Hi Ollie, have you read this manual on textual commentary. It contains a lot of useful information. Let me know what you think.

Regards,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC short conversations: Discussing EKG and MRI test results[YSaerTTEW443543]

Are you going to help or not?

You need to comment on the structure of the text as well as on its content. Describe how the text is organized, what elements it consists of, what language style it has been written in and why, what terminology has been used.

So before you start creating your commentary, you need to read the text. Have you done that?[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC short conversations: Giving directions to the art museum[YSaerTTEW443543]