Tenses.

Dear experts,

Could please correct these uses of tenses?

1. Betty is going (go) to Paris in a fashion show and will not be (not,be) back until next week. When I saw (see) her off at the airport this morning she was looking (look) forward to it very much. Although she [b]went /b there once as a very small girl she doesn’t remember (not, remember ) it, and so in a sense this will be (be) the first time she will be (be) there.

2.If only we [b]had /b a car ! Life would be (be) much more pleasant. Today, for instance, I like (like) to have driven into the country to see and hear the spring. Don’t you think it’s time you [b]buy /b a car and (learn) learn to drive it ? It will be (be) nice to have a car if it is not (not, be) so expensive. The trouble is that I have to (have to) give up a lot of things I now were enjoying (enjoy).

1. Denis has continually urged (urge, continually) me to lend him money for a business venture which he says will pay (pay) his creditors back handsomely. I always refuse (refuse, always) his request as politely as I can. He hasn’t shown yet (not, yet, show) any talent for business and until he has (have) I will not lend (not, lend) him a penny.

2. Mary will go (go) to the states on business in a few days. I am told that while she is (be) away, Betty’s brother [b]will keep /b an eye on her firm for her. He [b]helped /b Mary with her business before, and she [b]trusted /b him implicitly. As long as she will not be (not, be) away for too long, it should be a satisfactory agreement.

3. A: I have just heard (just, hear) that John is in Canada.
    B: Oh ! didn’t you know you (not, know) ? he [b]flew /b there at the beginning of the month.
    A: Have you heard (hear) from him? did he like (like) the life?
    B: Yes ! I [b]got /b a letter last week. He [b]told /b me about his job, but he didn’t say (not, say) whether he [b]liked /b the life or not. Perhaps it [b]was /b too soon to say. He [b]has been /b there only for three weeks.

Thanks a lot. I appreciate you help.[/b]

Betty has gone to Paris to be in a fashion show and will not be back until next week.

Today, for instance, I would like to have driven into the country.
Don’t you think it’s time you bought a car and learned to drive it?
It would be nice to have a car if it were not so expensive.
The trouble is that I would have to give up a lot of things that I now enjoy.

He hasn’t yet shown any talent for business.

He has helped Mary with her business before, and she trusts him implicitly.
As long as she is not away for too long.

Have you heard from him? Does he like the life?
Perhaps it is too soon to say.

You need to take care with the punctuation gap errors. There aren’t any spaces before commas, full stops and question marks, but there should be spaces after them.

Thanks a lot.