Television and its impact by tomaSito

Television or TV in its abbreviation is one of the most important human inventions so far.
It came up after the 1st world war in the United the States. The main purpose of this device was to provide information related with war to American citizens.
But today, this magic box is present in many families around the world and giving more than information. The menu is extensive; people can decide what their want to watch, since news, sport, culture, movies, music and so on. You can access TV wherever you are in any time.

TV can offer everything you need, good and bad programs. On the other hand, TV has its bad impact on people’s life.
TV exercises a huge influence on people’s mind, taking control of their brain. Sometimes the biggest TVs around the world manipulate the programs and the news in order to achieve their goals. Television can be compared with hypnoses, because both paralyze you brain activities, you don’t have time to think when you are watching. In contrast TV thinks to you instead your own brain. Children tend to give more importance to television than to school. The effects of this are the worst results at school and the unpleasant behavior within society.

The effects of TV reflect in what we are. The sexuality is no more matter of adults, it’s a matter of teenagers too. That’s because the TV exposure the sex without boundary. The consequence: The teenagers want to break this mistery.

What people should do to minimize the terrible impact of the television is to reduce the time they sit in front of TV or turn it off. The number of people involved in drugs and crime is increasing dramatically. There many girls in age of fifteen who are pregnant. Many of these problems are caused by television influence. Let’s bring back the good values that the TV stole of us.

Make sure that you are programming your brain, not your TV”.

tomaSito

TOEFL listening lectures: An organism that generates internal heat is called what?

That is a cracker of an essay for your first attempt Tomas.

A few grammatical errors, as you expected, but your insight as to the evils of TV are well-founded.

I thank you , and applaud you for this effort, and my hope is that you will continue to compose more and even better essays.

Well done Tomas. We are all proud to see you taking your first steps to becoming a regular contributor to this Forum.

Your friend, Kitos.

Hello kitos

Your comment about my essay shows that I made something. lol Yes, of course I was expecting for grammatical mistakes. I still have problems related with prepositions and some tenses. But I’m working for that. If you correct my mistakes you’ll be helping me Kitos. :slight_smile:

Television,or TV in its abbreviated form, is one of the most important human inventions so far this passed century.
It came into being after the 1st world war in the Unite States of America.
The main purpose of this device was to provide information related to the war to American citizens.
But today, this magic box is present in many families homes around the world and gives more than just information.

The menu is extensive. People can decide what they want to watch, science, news, sport, culture, movies, music and so on. You can access TV wherever you are at any time.

TV can offer everything you need. On the other hand, TV can make a bad impact on people’s lives.
TV exerts a huge influence on people’s minds, taking control of their brain.
Sometimes the biggest TVs stations around the world manipulate the programmes and the news, in order to achieve their goals.

Television can be compared with hypnosis, because both paralyze you brain activities.
You don’t have time to think when you are watching.
In contrast TV thinks for you instead of your own brain. Children tend to give more importance to television than to school.
The effects of this are worse results at school, and unpleasant behavior within society.

The effects of TV reflect what we are.
The sexuality is no more a matter solely for adults, it’s a matter for teenagers too, that’s because the TV exposure to sex is without boundaries. The consequence: The teenagers want to investigate this mystery.

What people should do to minimize the terrible impact of the television is to reduce the time they sit in front of TV, or turn it off.
The number of people involved in drugs and crime is increasing dramatically.
There are many girls of fifteen years of age who are pregnant.
Many of these problems are caused by television’s influence.
Let’s bring back the good values that the TV has stolen from us.

Make sure that you are programming your brain, not your TV”.

tomaSito
[/quote]

Still a good essay Tomas, without my corrections. I like the message it delivers.

I have to thank you Kitos for the correction you made. It’s now perfect. Thank you for your complains. I’ll try to write more essays in different themes/issues. Thank you teacher… :wink:

Tomas, I am not a teacher. Simply a helpful friend.

Kitos.

Hi Tomasito.
Kitos helps you perfect your essay.
Thank you for your essay anyway.
Good luck.

Tomasito, since this is your first attempt I personally think you did a great job. My first essay was not as good as yours.
I give you an idea that Kitos gave to me once, Go back after you write your essay, maybe the day after, or few hours after, revise it once more
you will then find some mistakes. I started to do this, well right now i’m not doing it because i’m short of time, but it did help me a bit in the past.
Good luck to you, and don’t be shy to write about any subject, we learn from our mistakes and more importantly through our experiences, practice practice and you will get it right, never ever give up, and you will get there.

I thank you for your comments Richard!
:wink:

Hi Yamilet!

Thank you for your excellent advice… To make a revision before publish an essay it’s indeed important. I’ll follow your suggestions.

Thank you.

you could be a good teacher… :wink: