Teachers should be paid according to how much their students learn.

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Teachers should be paid according to how much their students learn. Give specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.

I do not agree with the statement that suggests that teachers should be paid according to how much their students learn. The reasons of my disagreement will be explained as follows.

First of all, in my country teachers are usually on strikes, since most of the time they still have not been paid their minimum salary. Hence, were these educators to be paid in correlation with the amount of knowledge their students gain would be inopportune.

Secondly, under no circumstances will the pedagogues’ minimum wages be associated with the capacity of their students to learn, since teachers need the bare minimum to make a living. On the contrary, if the achievements of the students were linked to bonuses, the teachers would be willing to do their best in educating in order to get that extra payment.

Thirdly, there is no way to connect the salary of the teachers with the performance of their students, as there are subjects that are more or less difficult to the students. Thus, would you pay an art educator more and a science educator less, because students are doing well in artistic subjects but they are struggling with scientific subjects?

Last but not least, even enthusiastic teachers would feel physical and mentally depleted, if their earnings became to be attached to their students’ willingness to learn, because there are some learners that are reluctant to gain knowledge no matter how hard their educators try to teach them. Therefore, it is not the teachers’ fault. As a result, teachers should not pay the consequences of the low performance of their students.

To sum up, I am against that educators should be paid in relation to how much understanding their students grasp, because we should not intensify the anguish of our educators by implementing such an inconvenient measure. Besides, it is troublesome to determine how much teachers should earn. Additionally, pedagogues should not be blame for the unwillingness to study of some students.

TOEFL listening lectures: A university lecture on the history of the English language

Milily, I have read through all SIX of your essays. Your work is good, and you have done very well in improving in so short a space of time.
Your excellence is consistent in all six, and each time you write you write a little better than the previous submission.
Undoubtedly you will score highly in your writing section. You should now concentrate on your listening comprehension.

Kitos.

Perhaps you are getting the wrong image of me.
I know I am still struggling against the time limit. I have spent hours writing 300-350 words and I have reviewed my essays several times.
Besides, I still consider troublesome paraphrasing and some vocabulary that I am not used to manage.
That is why I need to keep on practicing (ideas, structures and vocabulary).
I won’t give up until I can reach those 300-350 words in 30 minutes.

I haven’t so much problem with the listening section.
I do have trouble in the writing section where I have to paraphrase after listening and reading.
I understand I need to jot my ideas down and continue reading.

No doubt you are an excellent and studious student. I am loathe to edit six essays from the same person in one day, but I am impressed with your determination to succeed.
I will closely edit three of your submissions.

Kitos.

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Teachers should be paid according to how much their students learn. Give specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.

I do not agree with the statement that suggests that teachers should be paid according to how much their students learn. The reasons /of/FOR/ my disagreement will be explained as follows.

First of all, in my country teachers are usually on strikes, since most of the time they still have not been paid their minimum salary. Hence, were these educators to be paid in correlation with the amount of knowledge their students gain IT would be inopportune.

Secondly, under no circumstances /will/SHOULD/ the pedagogues’ minimum wages be associated with the /capacity/ABILITY/ of their students to learn, since teachers need the bare minimum OF INCOME to /make a living/EXIST/.
On the contrary, if the achievements of the students were linked to bonuses, the teachers would be willing to do their VERY best in educating, in order to /get/ACQUIRE/ that extra /payment/INCOME/.

Thirdly, there is no way/LOGICAL MANNER IN WHICH/to connect the salary of the teachers /with/TO/ the performance of their students, as there are SOME subjects that are more or less EXTREMELY difficult /to/FOR/ SOME OF THE students. Thus, would you pay an art educator more, and a science educator less, because students are doing well in artistic subjects but they are struggling with scientific subjects?

Last but not least, even enthusiastic teachers would feel physicalLY and mentally depleted if their earnings /became to be/WERE TO BE/ attached to/DEPENDANT ON/ their students’ willingness to learn, because there are some learners /that/WHO/ are reluctant to gain knowledge, /no matter/IRRESPECTIVE AS TO/ how hard their educators try to teach them. Therefore, it is not the teachers’ fault. As a result, teachers should not HAVE TO BE PENALISED FOR the consequences of the low performance of their students.

To sum up, I am against THE PROPOSAL that educators should be paid in relation to how much understanding their students grasp, because we should not intensify the anguish of our educators by implementing such an inconvenient measure. Besides, it is troublesome to determine how much teachers should earn. Additionally, pedagogues should not be blameD for the unwillingness to study of some students.

Great work Mil. 9/10

Thank you, Kitos.

I hope you correct all of my essays. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve done three. I’ll attend to the others tomorrow when I have more time.

I’m busy with private students at the moment, but I shan’t forget.

Yeah. his essay is more strongly and educationally. Respect you.