Taking a lot of time to make an important decision is often viewed as a bad quality for a person to have, but, in fact, it is a good quality for a person to have

Thinking about decisions has been an indispensable need for people all over the world. Especially, in modern societies, with a variety of technologies, life without enough thinking is absolutely absurd. As for the question on this topic, there is a controversy between those who are in favor of viewing those who take a lot of time to make an important decision as a negative quality for a person and those who think is a positive quality to have. As for me, I agree with this statement and believe that this is a good quality and having it is much more beneficial. I hold this opinion for two reasons, which I will explain in more detail in the following essay.
The first reason to consider is that taking enough time for making vital decisions is absolutely crucial. For example, if a person wants to get married, he or she has to consider all aspects of it. Indeed, this needs a lot of time to think about it. Moreover, I believe that also daily decisions that are less significant, need a lot of time to think about. In my eyes, this is not only a good quality of a person but also shows a mature one. My personal experience is a compelling example of this. My husband and I decided to go to travel with our friends. At first, we booked the airplane, then set our route and our plan; where to go, what to eat, and what to do there. This schedule took us a lot of time but it was valuable because made our trip easier. If we had not planned our trip already, we would not have enjoyed it.
The other, equally significant reason worth mentioning is that experiments show that people who make decisions rapidly and don’t think about consequences are more likely to get regret their decisions than those who spend enough time thinking. There is a proverb saying in Persian that “being hurry in making decisions is evil’s work”. Therefore, in order to make an appropriate decision that is not detrimental to us and not regret about it, we have to take time to think carefully.
To sum up, by taking into account all of the above-mentioned reasons and examples, I firmly approve of it is more rational for representing as a good quality person to take a lot of time not only to consider all facets of our decision but also to not feel regret about it in the future.
Could you please check my writing in both Grammarly and the reasons?

1 Like

Overall, your writing is clear and well-organized. Here are some suggestions for improvement:

1. In the first sentence, “an indispensable need” could be changed to “an essential need” for clearer meaning.
  2. In the second sentence, “life without enough thinking” could be changed to “a life without careful consideration” for clearer meaning.
  3. In the third sentence, “those who take a lot of time to make an important decision” could be changed to “those who take their time in making important decisions” for smoother wording.
  4. In the fourth sentence, “having it is much more beneficial” could be changed to “it is much more beneficial to possess this trait” for clearer meaning.
  5. In the fifth sentence, “to consider is” could be changed to “to consider, is” for clearer syntax.
  6. In the sixth sentence, “This needs” could be changed to “This process requires” for clearer meaning.
  7. In the seventh sentence, “less significant” could be changed to “less consequential” for more precise meaning.
  8. In the eighth sentence, “is not only a good quality of a person but also shows a mature one” could be changed to “is not only a positive quality but also a sign of maturity” for smoother wording.
  9. In the tenth sentence, “took us a lot of time but it was valuable because made our trip easier” could be changed to “took us a lot of time, but it was valuable because it made our trip easier” for clearer syntax.
  10. In the twelfth sentence, “are more likely to get regret their decisions” could be changed to “are more likely to regret their decisions” for smoother wording.
  11. In the thirteenth sentence, “being hurry” should be changed to “being in a hurry” for proper grammar.
  12. In the final sentence, “approving of it is” could be changed to “agreeing that it is” for smoother wording.

Here is the revised text incorporating these suggestions:

Thinking about decisions has been an essential need for people all over the world. Especially in modern societies, with a variety of technologies, a life without careful consideration is absolutely absurd. As for the question on this topic, there is a controversy between those who are in favor of viewing those who take their time in making important decisions as a negative quality for a person and those who think it is a positive quality to possess. As for me, I agree with this statement and believe that this is a positive quality and having it is much more beneficial. I hold this opinion for two reasons, which I will explain in more detail in the following essay.

The first reason to consider is that taking the necessary time for making vital decisions is absolutely crucial. For example, if a person wants to get married, they have to carefully consider all aspects of it, which requires a significant amount of time to think about. Moreover, I believe that even daily decisions that are less consequential require ample time to think about. In my opinion, this is not only a positive quality but also a sign of maturity. My personal experience is a compelling example of this. My husband and I decided to travel with our friends. At first, we booked the airplane, then planned our route and schedule - where to go, what to eat, and what to do there. This planning took us a lot of time, but it was valuable because it made our trip easier. If we had not planned our trip carefully, we would not have enjoyed it as much.

The other equally significant reason worth mentioning is that experiments show that people who make decisions rapidly and don’t think about consequences are more likely to regret their decisions than those who take their time to think.