Summarized statements

Hi,
first of all i want to thank you for helping me in the previous questions, I have some problems about summarized statement.
When someone asks in exam for example this question, what he wants actually?

I found this in google and need help with it to understand the topic well.
I would like to request you to water the plants every day until I come
The sentence can be written as:
Please water the plants daily.
a: True
b: False

I see this should be False since he omitted an important information (until I come )
Is it actually an important info?

1 Like

Hi there. No-one seems to be enthusiastic to answer so I’ll try. From the original sentence we can conclude that a person is asking their neigbour or friend to take care of their plants while they are away. So the situation itself implies temporality and the end of the sentence ’ until I come’ is not the central point. The crusial thing is that the plants should be watered regularly. So the answer (a) seems more proper to me.

2 Likes

I agreed with Kanol. The most important thing in this sentence is “water my plants, please!!!”. He didn’t ment when he would return.

2 Likes

This sentence is wrong. It should read:

When somebody asks me this question in an exam, what they do they actually want?

This sentence is wrong too. It should read instead:

I’d like to ask you to water the plants every day until I come home.

1 Like

Really appreciate that!

1 Like

Sure. By the way, there are more errors in the materials you have posted. These materials clearly are not written by native speakers so I would not use them to improve my English.

1 Like