suggestions to a child who is starting school for the first time

What suggestions would you like to give to a child who is starting school for the first time? Use reasons and specific examples to explain why this suggestion is (these suggestions are) important.

Personally, if I have a chance to give some suggestions to such a child, I’d like to give him the following advices.
First of all, listen to teachers! It can help the child study efficiently. For such a young child, sometimes, it’s difficult for him to come up with a solution on his own. If he follows his teachers’ advices, he might work out a problem more easily, thus saving him from unnecessary difficulties in study.
In addition, try to get along well with other classmates! Once starting school, it means that a child has to communicate with different kinds of people. Developing this very ability is essential for all his life.
So, that’s why I consider these suggestions to be important.

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between two university students (2)

What suggestions would you like to give to a child who is starting school for the first time? Use reasons and specific examples to explain why this suggestion is (these suggestions are) important.

Personally, if I have a chance to give some suggestions to such a child, I’d like to give him the following advice.
First of all, listen to teachers! It can help the child study efficiently. For such a young child, sometimes, it’s difficult for him to come up with a solution on his own. If he follows his teachers’ advice, he might work out a problem more easily, thus saving him from unnecessary difficulties in study.
In addition, try to get along well with other classmates! Once starting school, it means that a child has to communicate with different kinds of people. Developing this very ability is essential for all his life.
So, that’s why I consider these suggestions to be important.

Great!

Kitos.