suction and intake

as i know that “intake” is using in cylinder head of engine, intake valve, intake port…

and “suction” is using in refrigerator compressor, there has a part called suction.

i have already checked these words by dirctionary, these get same chinese explanation, these are all meaning draw air into something.

Now, my question as what is the different between these words?

thanks in advance.

suction = action of sucking, removal of air, liquid, etc from a vessel or cavity so as to produce a partial vacuum and enable air-pressure from outside to force in liquid or dust. (a force over an area produced by a pressure difference, the act of sucking)

Some pumps and all vacuum-cleaners work by suction.

intake = 1. the process of taking food into the body through the mouth (as by eating); 2. place where water, gas, etc. is taken into a pipe, channel, etc. (an opening through which fluid is admitted to a tube or container); 3. the act of inhaling; the drawing in of air (or other gases) as in breathing

an opening by which a fluid is admitted into a container or conduit

the substance or quantities thereof taken in and used by the body

Early automobile intake systems were simple inlets connected directly to carburetors

A modern automobile air intake system has three main parts, an air filter, mass flow sensor, and throttle body

A ram-air intake is any intake design which uses the dynamic air pressure created by vehicle motion to increase the static air pressure inside of the intake manifold on an engine, thus allowing a greater mass flow through the engine and hence increasing engine power.