Subconsciousness vs. subconscious (noun)

Hi, what exactly is the differennce between subconsciousness and subconscious (the noun)?

Thanks in advance,

Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, talks: Announcing the opening of new corporate day-care center[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi Torsten

I suspect I may have never actually used the word “subconsciousness”, but I would say it describes a specific quality of or state of thinking. Or I might use it when describing the degree to which something is below the level of consciousness.

I would describe “the subconscious” more as a “place” in your brain (so to speak) or maybe as a “type of mental activity”.

Amy

Hi Tom

I usually use the word “never” (adverb of frequency) directly before the main verb rather than before an auxiliary verb:
MAY HAVE USED —> MAY HAVE NEVER USED

I’d say that’s the most standard word order. But there is some flexibility, so MAY NEVER HAVE USED could also be OK.

But, I definitely wouldn’t have done it that way in my original sentence, and unfortunately you’ll have to let me think about that for a while before I can tell you why not. (I think I’ll have to dig the reason out of my subconscious.) :lol:

Amy