Studying English in a foreign country

Studying English in a foreign country.

Nowadays many people decide to study English in a foreign country where the English is the mother tongue. Now, I am one of that people who have decided to spend my holidays in order to improve my English and I am doing an intensive course in Dublin. From my point of view I think that it is the best solution to increase the English and I encourage to everybody to do the same if they have the possibility to do it.

In my case it was my wife who encourage me to do this course because she was fed up seeing me studying all my spare time and I was not putting attention to my family. She always supported me in my studies and in my work, and now I have to demonstrate her that it was a good idea to come here.

My course longs for five weeks and I have been here since last Sunday. I live in a host-family who the owner of the house is a single woman, she lives alone and she enjoys having students in her home because that makes her to feel better. I have to say that she is a lovely woman, she cooks very well and she talks with me a lot. If someone is thinking to come to Dublin to learn English, I recommend living in a host-family although many times the host-family is not as good as you expected. There is another student living with us, she is from Switzerland and she is very friendly too.

Any weekday for me consists in get up at 7:30 a.m. to have the breakfast and then I go out to get the bus. The English classes are on the whole conversation classes. I notice that I am improving my listening but I have not still confident in talking. I hope that in the following days my talking will be better. The first day I had to do an exam in order to put me in the proper level. I am in the upper-intermediate level and I am happy in my class. Almost we do not study grammar and for this reason I try to study grammar every day in my room before to go to bed. The rest of the day I take advantage of visiting the city and to know their style of life and customs.

For me it is very important to write an essay very well because it is one part of my exam. For this reason, I cannot forget my good friend Kitos, who helped me a lot in all my essays that I wrote until now. Therefore, I think that it is not necessary to study in other country if you want to improve your skills in writing, because for instance, with the help of this forum, and people like Kitos, anybody can write a good essay of any topic without go out of their home.

To sum up, studying English in a foreign country is the best way to improve quickly but first it is necessary to have knowledge of the language and that you can do it from your own home.

To Kitos: I have not visited the forum for two weeks and I hope that you go on collaborating in it. I try to remember all that you taught me and although here I have good teachers, none of them are as good as you are. Please, you do not forget to check my essay and score it.

Best regards from Dublin.

TOEFL listening lectures: A university lecture on American social history

Studying English in a foreign country.

Nowadays many people decide to study English in a foreign country where the English is the mother tongue. Now, I am one of that THOSE people who have decided to spend my holidays THERE in order to improve my English, and I am doing an intensive course in Dublin. From my point of view I think that it is the best solution to improve my English and I encourage to everybody to do the same if they have the possibility to do it.

In my case it was my wife who encourageD me to do this course because she was fed up seeing me studying all my spare time, and I was not PAYING attention to my family. She always supported me in my studies and in my work, and now I have to demonstrate TO her that it was a good idea to come here.

My course LASTS for five weeks and I have been here since last Sunday. I live in a host-family WHERE the owner of the house is a single woman(.) She lives alone and she enjoys having students in her home because that makes her to feel better.
I have to say that she is a lovely woman, she cooks very well, and she talks with me a lot. If someone is thinking OF COMING to Dublin to learn English, I recommend living WITH a host-family, although many times the host-family is not as good as you expected. There is another student living with us(.) She is from Switzerland and she is very friendly too.

EVERY weekday for me consists in getTING up at 7:30 a.m. to have the breakfast and then I go out to get the bus. The English classes are, on the whole, conversation classes. I notice that I am improving my listening, but I AM still NOT confident in talking. I hope that in the following days my talking will be better. The first day I had to do an exam in order to put me in the proper level. I am in the upper-intermediate level and I am happy in my class. We do not study A LOT OF grammar and for this reason I try to study grammar every day in my room before goING to bed. The rest of the day I take advantage of visiting the city and to LEARN their style of life and customs.

For me it is very important to write an essay very well because it is one part of my exam. For this reason, I cannot forget my good friend Kitos, who helped me a lot in all my essays that I HAD WRITTEN until now. Therefore, I think that it is not necessary to study in ANother country if you want to improve your skills in writing, because for instance, with the help of this forum, and people like Kitos, anybody can write a good essay of any topic without goING out of their home.

To sum up, studying English in a foreign country is the best way to improve quickly, but first it is necessary to have knowledge of the language, and that you can do it from your own home.

To Kitos: I have not visited the forum for two weeks and I hope that you go on collaborating in it. I try to remember all that you taught me and although here I have good teachers, none of them are as good as you are. Please, do not forget to check my essay and score it.

It’s nice to hear that you are happy there in Dublin Lighgun. We have missed you on the Forum. Do us proud and come back a Master. You always worked hard and now you will get your just rewards. Take care my friend.Give my best regards to your wonderful wife.

Kitos. 8/10 :-))

Thanks my friend. I have not enought time to visit the forum but I cannot forget you.

You are very kind Lighgun.

Take care my friend.

Kitos.