Study foreign language domestically or in the country it is spoken?

Dear professor,
I really appreciate your work for being patient with my essays. Here’s another one, hope you can help me rate this on the topic:
Many people have learned a foreign language in their own country; others have learned a foreign language in the country in which it is spoken. Which is better? Give the advantages of each and support your viewpoint.

It’s important for one to study a foreign language , but by how should he learn to make a language become his mine most effectively? There are two options. The first one is to study in his country with a good language coach, the other one is make a trip to the native country of that language and start learning. In my opinion, the only advantage of the first option is you can stay close to your family and somehow could save a certain sum of money. I believe that to study a language fast and naturally, you have to move to that country in order to make your language progress at a desired speed. There are many advantages to name for this choice.

Firstly, you will have the chance to interact directly with the locals. This time you will not ‘learn’ that language anymore but you’re obliged to use that language. Imagine you come to a supermarket and want to buy some stuffs for your place. At home, it would be the simplest task, but in this case, you must use the language properly if you want to feed your stomach, or find an exact thing.Another situation may be like this. Certainly you are not paying for an abroad trip just to be a friend to yourself. You will make friends to your neighbors and ask them to go out for dinner or a drink. Through free practices with native speakers like this,your language skill would develop at a stunning speed, with your listening and speaking skill are the most benefited.

Another reason is when you come to the native country, you can absorb that country’s culture. Thus it will stir you to study the language, to gain a full knowledge of the culture of that country. Studying the culture not only require you to communicate well but also your reading must be really excellent. When I came to Japan to study Japanese ,the first thing I wanted to discover is the structure of Japan’s historical temples. So, I read a lot ,and also made some reports to my professor back home. As a result, my reading and writing of Japanese improved amazingly.

To sum up, it’s best for you to pursue a language inside the native country. This will give you a big hand to perfect your language skill. Hence, every aspect of a language will be nurtured and developed meticulously and naturally.

TOEFL listening discussions: What will the student probably do with her next paper?