Students are more influenced by their teachers than by their friends.

Some people argued that ‘Students are more influenced by their teachers than by their friends.’ Because of the main purpose that students go to school is to get education from teachers. But I disagree with that, in my opinion student are more influenced by their friends because of the following reasons.

At first, students spend much more time with friends than with teachers. In students’ daily life, ordinarily they only meet their teachers in classes. However, students can be with their friends both in classes and after classes. When I was in middle school, I spent only four hours a day with my teachers while more than eight hours with my friends. We studied and talked about everything together, they influenced me every minute. Whereas our teachers said nothing but about the subjects when we are in class, they influenced me limitedly.

Moreover, a friend will usually have a better perspective on one’s life than a teacher. Since students have spent so much time with their friends, it is more likely that they have similar perspectives on life, as they have gone through same situations together. Because of this, friends can have a better understanding of one’s life than a teacher. A student probable holds a friend’s influence as more important than a teacher’s, because they think alike.

Admittedly, most teachers have endeavored to exercise influence on their students. Commonly their approach is to have a student who always gets a low grade come to their office, then ask them ‘what’s wrong with them’ and try to offer some solutions. But their solutions seldom work, because they don’t really understand their students’ thoughts and why their problems come out.

To sum up, a student spends more time staying with their friends and they have similar perspectives on life, while their teachers spend most time teaching them knowledge and don’t understand their problems, so I believe that students are more influenced by their students than by their teachers.

TOEFL listening lectures: To which entertainment does the lecturer not relate Greek drama?

Some people ARGUE that ‘Students are more influenced by their teachers than by their friends(,) because of the main /purpose that/REASON WHY/ students go to school is to get educatED BY from teachers. But I disagree with that(.) In my opinion studentS are more influenced by their friends because of the following reasons.

At first, students spend much more time with friends than with teachers. In students’ daily life, ordinarily they only meet their teachers in classes. However, students can be with their friends both in classes and after classes. When I was in middle school, I spent only four hours a day with my teachers BUT more than eight hours with my friends. We studied and talked about everything together(.) They influenced me every minute(,) whereas our teachers said nothing but about OTHER THAN TALK ABOUT the subjects when we are in class, they influenced me limitedly.

Moreover, a friend will usually have a better perspective on one’s life than a teacher. Since students have spent so much time with their friends, it is more likely that they have similar perspectives on life as they have gone through same situations together. Because of this, friends can have a better understanding of one’s life than a teacher. A student probablY holds a friend’s influence as more important than a teacher’s, because they think alike.

Admittedly, most teachers have endeavoured to exercise influence on their students. Commonly their approach is to have a student who always gets a low grade come to their office, then ask them ‘what’s wrong with them’ and try to offer some solutions. But their solutions seldom work, because they don’t really understand their students’ thoughts and why their problems come out.

To sum up, a student spends more time staying with their friends and they have similar perspectives on life, while their teachers spendS most time teaching them knowledge and don’t DOES NOT understand their problems, so I believe that students are more influenced by their student FRIENDS than by their teachers.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Not bad FJT. You are improving.

Kitos. 8.5/10

Thank you for helping me,Kitosdad :slight_smile: