still/wonder

which sentence is correct and why:

1. I am still wondering where I get job.
  2. I have been still wondering where I get job.
  3. I wonder where I get job.

I like every of them.

many thanks

None of these are correct. You can say:

“I am still wondering where I will get a job.”
“I wonder where I will get a job.”

thanks D., why not yet: I have been still wondering where I will get a job?
and what is the difference between: I am still wondering and I wonder?

Thank you very much

“still” (in this sense) does not work well with the present perfect tense.

“I am still wondering” emphasises that nothing has changed between the past situation and the present situation. You were wondering in the past, and you continue to wonder now.

In my opinion the continuous form emphasises the person’s eagerness in getting the job. Am I maybe right? Thanks

Dozy wrote: “still” (in this sense) does not work well with the present perfect tense.

I have been still wondering where I will get a job? - what sense did you mean? what’s wrong with this sentence?

many thanks

I meant “still” in the sense of “happened in the past and continues to happen now”, which I assume is the way you intended it. There are other meanings of “still” to which my comments do not apply, and the caveat “in this sense” was just to avoid such quibbles.

“I have been wondering” means that you wondered during the past and up until the present. “still” means that something happened in the past and continues to happen now. Although the two seem compatible, in reality they tend to “step on each other’s toes”. If you insisted on using the present perfect, the usual word order is “I have still been wondering” not “I have been still wondering”. “I have still been verb-ing” may work better with other verbs and in other contexts.

Which two sentences, specifically, are you now comparing?