Spells of the Expressions related to "Woman"

Hello,

I have some questions on the spells of the expressions related to “woman”. Most of them are used in spoken English, so it’s difficult for me to know their accurate spells. Please let me know which expression is correct.

1. girl stuff vs. girls’ stuff.

2. (In a department store)
    Where’s Ladies’ Section?
    Where’s lady’s section?
    Where’s Lady’s Section?
    Where’s the lady’s section?
    Where’s the ladies’ section?
    Where’s the Ladies’ Section?
    I think in this case, both “Where’s Ladies’ Section?” and “Where’s the ladies’ section?” are right. Because ‘section’ is a countable noun, I think an article is needed. If I don’t want to use it, I think I have to write ‘Ladies’ Section’, with capital letters. What do you think? If they are all wrong, please correct me!

Who doesn’t? I meant woman. (This sentence is similar to “Name one woman who doesn’t.”)
I don’t know whether the sentence above is used is idiomatic way, but if not, it’s a bit weird to me. ‘Meant’ is past tense, and ‘woman’ is singular but used without an article. If the sentence is not correct, correct it, please.

It’s a woman’s thing.
As far as I know, “it’s woman thing.” is right. Is “it’s a woman’s thing” used? If not, is it acceptable?

Thank you for your attention in advance.

sweetpumpkin

Just a note: the word is “spelling/s”.

Or rather: "spelling/s"

1. girl stuff vs. girls’ stuff– both grammatically OK. The former is generally used to describe peculiarly female conversation or activities.

2. – These are OK:

Where’s the ladies’ section?– here it is descriptive: an area of the store which is devoted to ladies.
Where’s the Ladies’ Section?– here, it is the name assigned by the store to the section.

Who doesn’t? I meant woman.– The sentence is not idiomatic, and I don’t really understand it. I suggest: I meant ‘woman’.
4)
It’s a woman’s / woman thing.-- As for #1 above.

There’s also “girly stuff”.

So do you mean the other expressions I mentioned are all wrong? :shock:

Yes, they are all unacceptable.

Thank you for the answer! :slight_smile:

Hey, how about ‘Where’s ladies’ fashion?’ The meaning is same as “Where is the ladies’ section?”. Is it okay to say “Where’s ladies’ fashion?” without “the”.
Because it indicates a specific place where sells clothings for women, I think ‘the’ is needed… but one native speaker I know didn’t check it as an error. What do you think?

Where’s ladies’ fashion?– I think this is fine and common.

Thank you, Mister Micawber! I don’t mean to bother you, but I have more questions on a) Where’s ladies fashion? and b) Where’s the ladies’ section?

1. You said a) is common. But the noun phrase doesn’t have the article “the” in this case. It is different from b), even though both have the same meaning. Why does a) have no article?

2. If I want to say b) without “the”, Can I say Where is “ladies’ section”?(quotation marks are added)
    In this case, what can the exact meaning be?

Thank you for your answer in advance. :slight_smile:

1– fashion is uncountable here.
2-- No, and for the opposite reason: section is countable.

So the conclusion: “section”, even if it is written with capital letters and quotation marks, needs an article. Thank you very much for your attention! :slight_smile: