Special Update for Alan

Hi Alan

The “Soccer” games have begun :!: :wink:

Quite exciting already. The score after just a few minutes is Germany 2, Cost Rica 1. :smiley:

Don’t worry. I’ll keep you posted. :lol:

Amy

Update:

Final score: Germany 4, Costa Rica 2

I could hear all of my neighbors (mainly the male neighbors) yelling and cheering all during the game. :lol:

One thing I noticed, though. There’s a new kind of soccer ball. It looks strange. I got the feeling from time to time that I wasn’t watching a soccer game at all. :shock:

Amy

Hi Amy,

Many thanks for keeping us up to date and posted. Alan will enjoy reading your messages when is back online (he is taking some days off celebrating his birthday with all his family).

Regarding last night’s match, I think Costa Rica did an excellent job scoring two goals against the Germans. Ah, and Ecuador won against Poland, what a surprise![YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC short conversations: A job candidate calls a company to speak to the HR manager[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi Torsten,

Are you sure it’s Alan’s birthday? Or did he simply decide to go off somewhere - as far from the madding football crowd as he could get - so that he could avoid all the football mania? :lol: :wink:

I think all four teams played well. It was exciting seeing Equador win. That was a surprise! I’m not a big soccer fan, but I did enjoy watching both of those games. :smiley:

Amy

PS

[color=violet][size=150]Happy Birthday, Alan![/size]

Amy,

You might be right, Alan is probably quite happy to escape the soccer hype for a few days and spend a little time in a quiet place with no barking dogs and sound blasting cars.

As for the soccer cup – I think it IS a big event for Germany and the world. Earlier this week on CNN I saw Wolfgang Schaeuble, the German Secretary of the Interior, give a press conference in English. He explained that British police officers have joined their German colleagues to make sure the situation in the German soccer cities is under control.

Then on the radio I heard a report about Berlin police officers learning English in order to be better prepared to communicate with their colleagues and ‘clients’. So, there are a lot of positive developments in connection with the soccer world cup…[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC short conversations: Two people discuss the latest newspaper headlines[YSaerTTEW443543]

[size=150][color=blue]Happy Birthday Alan![/size]

Hi Amy and Torsten!

Amy, thanks for being happy about the great German success. Let?s se what it is worth! :roll:

Torsten, I?ve seldom seen such an [color=green]Optimist like you. Even if the British Hooligans are put in prison you see the positive side. The German policemen and-women could improve their common English. :wink: :lol: But I don?t want to be to negative. Of course is it good to be able to speak more than the German language only!

And also the soccer cup is a great event!

Michael