Speaking Q1: Personal Choice. Type 1: Agree/disagree

I’ve always struggled with SPEAKING, not only in the test, so this time I decided to look for templates in order to feel more comfortable structuring my speech. The timing kills me! This makes me feel more nervous, therefore I freeze and cannot speak. I was wondering if writing my answers down before the actual speaking will make me feel more relax, but it made me realize it could be a disadvantage because of the timing on the test; I do not want to get used to this and then not be able to put everything down during my exam.

I’d be happy to read different ideas of practicing and studying for this specific section, also tell me what worked better for you :grin:

BTW, here is an example of one of my answers to: "agree/disagree.
State whether you agree or disagree with the following statement. Then explain your reasons using specific details in your argument. Teachers should assign daily homework to students.

Brainstorm: Yes. Habit. Studies reveals P retains more info by studying daily/reviewing after class.

I agree with the idea that teachers should let students perform assignments after school hours. I feel this way for several reasons. First, I believe it foments the students to create a habit, so that in the future the student does not need to follow a leader’s order to start study or practice a specific topic. For example, when I was in kindergarten I would go home with daily assignments, even for the weekend, this made me used to have my own study schedule at home, eventually, it helped me in university where professors usually let you investigate by your own. Secondly, I have read studies that reveals that a person will be more capable of retaining information after a class if they practice or review the information right after it happened or within at least 2 hours. That is why I feel it is better for the students to work after classes on their assignments.

2 Likes