Speaking practice for Toefl test

1\What type of music do you enjoy most? Explain why you enjoy this type of music.

My favorite type of music is rock and roll. I believe that speaking of rock music, the scene that first comes to your mind is that a crowd of people stand close to each other, yelling and jumping. Well that’s fair. But rock music is a lot more than that. In fact, what makes rock music so different is that the content is so diversified. You know, the songs are not only about love stories, but they also express concerns about some social problems, and they raise doubts about destiny, and more importantly, they encourage people to pursue their dreams in spite of all the difficulties. So that’s the part that attracts me the most about rock music.

2\Many college students will get homesick when they go away to college. What do you think college students shoulddo to reduce homesickness? Explain why? Include specific reasons and examples in your response.

Well, it is quite normal for college freshmen to miss their families in a first few months after they enter the college. And I think the best way to overcome homesickness is to try to make yourself busy. More specifically, get involved in as many activities as possible. For example, hang out with the new friends and do some sports and even try to focus on your homework will help you distract from the feelings of homesickness. Of course you can call your family to talk to them and get some advice. But do remember not to be too emotional on the phone, because that will make you feel even worse after the phone call and takes you a long time to recover from it.

2\Many college students will get homesick when they go away to college. What do you think college students shoulddo to reduce homesickness? Explain why? Include specific reasons and examples in your response.

Well, it is quite normal for college freshmen to miss their families in a first few months after they enter the college. And I think the best way to overcome homesickness is to try to make yourself busy. More specifically, get involved in as many activities as possible. For example, hang out with the new friends and do some sports and even try to focus on your homework will help you distract from the feelings of homesickness. Of course you can call your family to talk to them and get some advice. But do remember not to be too emotional on the phone, because that will make you feel even worse after the phone call and takes you a long time to recover from it.

is there anyone to offer help? I really need some advice on this practice.

Hi Karen, sorry I never saw these. Your first answer was very good. Your pronunciation is good also, but the way you are stressing your words and pausing in between words sounds a little odd. In face, it sounds a little like a “Valley Girl” accent. Maybe it’s best if I read your answer.

Oops, sorry, it won’t let me record - maybe I can try again later