Speaking English for 20 seconds a day?

english-test.net/community/i … o_messages[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, talks: New accountant is introducing himself to his co-workers and supervisors[YSaerTTEW443543]

I always eat healthy, walk, and swim but it was not enough for me because I started to have some extra fat. Therefore as planned I went to the gym to exercise.
Although I became completely exhausted at the end, I enjoyed my training.
The music was good and varied, the trainer was helping and the guys that practice with me were friendly and polite.
Today’s exercises focused on my arms and pectorals that is why at the end I had some difficulties to move my arms. I didn’t sweat like today for years and I felt brand new after a refreshing shower.
I think being active physically is a key factor to be healthy and fit .
But we shouldn’t forget about mental health since it needs to be maintained as well. In fact, some studies show that learning something new like a foreign language may prevent many neurological conditions when old and it can also improve learners’ cognitive and creative abilities.

So be active and stay strong

Hi Fakhri,

I appreciate your activities on personal health maintenance. Your attention drawing message on mental health to improve cognitive and creative abilities are of high importance to me. Would you please put on relevant more information especially on maintaining mental health?

Cheers!

Mujibur

Hi! Good morning!

I am Arif. I am a nurse. Today was my first night shift. Thank God! My night shift ran well. I was in charged in second cubicle with number of patient is eights. On my way home, I could see that people at the park are doing exercise, jogging and cycling alone or in group to practice a healthy life. That’s cool! they are aware of health value. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Please listen to my recording and respond with a voice message too. Many thanks.
Sorry about this, but I am afraid I am not very good posting. I don’t know why It was posted so many times!

train American Accent by rpracticing the following passage:
On Saturdays, I am going to driving school because I want to get my license as soon as possible. During the class, we learn about the rules of the road, watch videos on traffic safety and defensive driving, and learn how to drive in different weather conditions. We also go out on the roads with the instructor and practice our driving skills. I am a little nervous because I do not want to get in an accident, and I do not want to get a ticket for not following the rules. I have to take the driving test next week, and I hope I can pass the first time.

On Saturdays, I am going to driving school because I want to get my license as soon as possible. During the class, we learn about the rules of the road, watch videos on traffic safety and defensive driving, and learn how to drive in different weather conditions. We also go out on the roads with the instructor and practice our driving skills. I am a little nervous because I do not want to get in an accident, and I do not want to get a ticket for not following the rules. I have to take the driving test next week, and I hope I can pass the first time.

Hello all, This is my first voice post and I hope to do it right. I really love learning and practicing English. Unfortunately, I don’t use it as often as I’d like to do at job or in my life. However, this is not an excuse to practice every single day a few English. I try to read some English books, listening to music on the radio or watching videos on the internet. I think I haven’t any problem with my speaking, excepting some mistakes that I make at pronunciation. When I find new words that I’ve never heard before, I look for them on a dictionary, their meaning and their pronunciation, and then I practice with them. Well, this is all for now. I hope to hear you much more often after my first time having participated here. Please, if someone feels like to correct my mistakes, don’t hesitate and please, do it. Have a great day! Ana

Hi every body,
When I saw 20 seconds program yesterday, I became very happy and came eagerly to record my voice on this topic. I found that installing Java is a prerequisite. Unfortunately, I live in an embargoed country (Iran) and java.com doesn’t let me to download Java file :-(. On the other hand, this email system doesn’t permit to attach a voice message for you.
Have a good time
Mohadese

Hi every one,
My name is Bahar and this is my first voice message here.I got to know this forum a couple of months ago but I was having difficulties getting Java working until yesterday.Then I hurried here to know what everyone thinks of my accent.I am also very eager to know how I sound in native ears. If anyone has any suggestions or comments ,please do share it with me.
thank you all,
bahar.

Does anyone know why the voice quality goes down once it is posted?I record it,listen to it and it’s just fine,but when it is posted all the oises come out of nowhere!
I don’t know what to do,please help me out.
thanks

Hello Mohadese,
I was having the same problem but i finally could find a way.I have a version of Java downloaded that will probably work.I may be able to tell you how to install it.

Thank you Bahar, how can I contact you?

Would you check your PMS?I PMed you.
Hope it comes in handy.

Hi.
it’s really nice to see this thread. i heard almost all the conversation and tried hard to understand the accent and improve mine. I am from India and have a little accent issue.
let me kno if people are still responding and rating the 20 sec speaking :P. I am getting mean this way because am practicing for my TOEFL and need a little help from the tutors and evryone here.
I hope it helps.
Thanks and regards.
Richaa

Hi everyone,

It’s the first time for me to use this recording tool and it’s so amazing. Thank to all

Please listen to my recording and respond with a voice message too. Many thanks.

Dear all,
It is the first time I record the message on the 'Speaking english 20 seconds a day" section. I think it is very good for people learning to speak english.
I think we should have some plans to speak english with each other to improve our english speaking skills and increase our vocabulary. For example, we can discuss about one topics and we talk anythings about it and everybody in the site would see the comments spoke in english about the topics. From this way we can improve our english speaking skills and increase our vocabulary knowledge about many topics. If we discuss much about one topic and it seemly full of information we can change the topic.
I want to begin the topic with “animal”. We can describe about one animal and post voice message here to learn from each other.
Please give me comments about my idea.
Thank you.

My name is chikhaoui. I’m tunisian. I live in a town, called El Kef, located 45 km near the Algeria border. El Kef is a nice town built on the heart of a perched Eocene syncline whose altitude is about 1000 m above the sea level. In this town there is no pollution. We always breath fresh air. Historically el Kef was the capital of the Numidian state which extended from Tunis, the present capital of Tunisia, and Algeria. this long periode of history is marqued by several archaelogical sites dated from Romain Empire to muslim periode.