Speak spontaneously!

Hello Katy,

Hello José,

Dear friends,

This time “Let us now praise famous men”,by James Agee, pages 586-587, from A Patriot’s Handbook, author Caroline Kennedy.

Have a great Tuesday.

JoséSarto

Hello Maurice

Hello Katy,

Dear friends,

I have the privilege to share with you my newest certificate, which ‘arrived’ home today.

Needless to say, I’m on cloud nine.

Have a great Thursday.

José Sarto

It isn’t clear enough, so I will write some lines here: Speaking, Writing and GCVR (880) I had HP (Honors Pass). Listening: I had 715 (LP - Low Pass). The minimum is 650. About Speaking: Examinees at this level can interact flexibly and appropriately in a wide range of speech events using a broad range of language fluently and accurately.
About Writing: Examinees at this level can richly develop a complex argument in an essay with accurate and appropriate use of sophisticated language. WOW!
GCVR (Grammar, Close Test, Vocabulary, Reading comprehension).

I beg your pardon, but it is Cloze test. If you have any doubt about this test, please go to cambridgemichigan.org/exams/ecpe/format.

Thanks again.

Dear José,

I say also WOW!!!
“It isn’t clear enough, so I will write some lines here: Speaking, Writing and GCVR (880) I had HP (Honors Pass). Listening: I had 715 (LP - Low Pass). The minimum is 650. About Speaking: Examinees at this level can interact flexibly and appropriately in a wide range of speech events using a broad range of language fluently and accurately.
About Writing: Examinees at this level can richly develop a complex argument in an essay with accurate and appropriate use of sophisticated language. WOW!
GCVR (Grammar, Close Test, Vocabulary, Reading comprehension).”

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am very glad to see your result.

I was about as happy when I received my State Examination in French. I realized that we can learn lot when we prepare for a language exam. For example we have to speak about the actual politics. I exercised it that when I listened to the news on TV in my mind I translated simultaneously the text and if I didn’t know one word I wrote on a paper and after the news I looked up in the dictionary.

In an interesting way I forgot my French, I could read everything without problem but when I had to say sth in French I began to say in English.

I thought that never in my life I won’t speak in French but I was mistaken. Now few month ago one of my grandchildren found me a “DUOLINGO” course, it is English-French and after a week I could remember. I began to separate the two interwoven languages. It caused me happiness as I would have found a treasure in the street.

Best wishes: Kati

Hello Maurice

Dear friends,

First of all, I’d like to thank Kati for her comments on my last proficiency test. I’m still celebrating it. WOW. It was another God’s gift, as I believe that my guardian angel guided my right hand when marking some questions of the listening test. At least I improved 15 points on it. ha!

And tonight, 'Finance - The Netherlands : A tax haven for rock stars",by Rob Savelberg, fromSpeak Up 319.

By the way, keep your fingers crossed, as Speak Up has a contest (writing prose/poetry up to 300 words) going on this month, and the winner will have a four week English course at York University, in Toronto. Needless to say, I will participate in it.

José Sarto

Dear friends,

First of all, I’d like to thank Kati for her comments on my last proficiency test. I’m still celebrating it. WOW. It was another God’s gift, as I believe that my guardian angel guided my right hand when marking some questions of the listening test. At least I improved 15 points on it. ha!

And tonight, 'Finance - The Netherlands : A tax haven for rock stars",by Rob Savelberg, fromSpeak Up 319.

By the way, keep your fingers crossed, as Speak Up has a contest (writing prose/poetry up to 300 words) going on this month, and the winner will have a four week English course at York University, in Toronto. Needless to say, I will participate in it.

José Sarto

Dear friends,

This time “Finance - The Netherlands, atax haven for roch stars”,by Rob Savelberg, fromSpeak Up 319.

Have a greatSunday.

JoséSarto

HI, hoping that you are doing well.Could you please explain me how this speaking spontaneously session work.
Do you announce some topic for speaking?
Huriah.

Dear friend,

That’s the way it works.

I will go to 'record voice message" and everything will be a plain sailing. On your right, at its bottom, you’re gonna see ‘post voice message’. If you didn’t like what you spoke, click on ‘edit’, and the system will take you back to the part in which you write the message, before clicking on ‘record voice message’

Bye for now.

Sarto

Hello Katy,

Hello José,

Dear friends,

Now comes “World Challenge - Catching Up: The Changemakers of World Challenge 09”, from Newsweek November 22, 2010.

JoséSarto

Dear friends,

Last, but not least “Keeping it local”, by Juliet Halpert, also from Newsweek of November 22, 2010.

Thanks for your attention.

José Sarto

Dear friends,

Now, time has come to present you “Canada’s Totem Poles: Talking Trees”, by Kathleen Becker, from Speak Up #319.

Talk to you this Sunday morning.

José Sarto