Spam clean-up list

You aren’t playing solo, Dozy. I’m backing up the percussion section too!

I’m not sure that having these features on a new server is much help to us right now, when that event is not going to take place until some as yet undetermined future time. (The ‘new server’ idea has been under way since before I joined the forum and although some changes have taken place so I’m sure it’s closer now, I still suspect it will take some time).

Here is the email address of the ‘spammer of the day’: zqxsia@lunchdinnerrestaurantmuncieindiana.com[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, talks: Returning a phone call[YSaerTTEW443543]

LOL.

Maybe he’s actually a legitimate restaurant owner?[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, talks: Announcement[YSaerTTEW443543]

Spammer of the day: npesh@dreamworldpromotions.co.za[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, talks: Giving festival ticket information[YSaerTTEW443543]

Apparently there is a lot of spam (and a huge number of different user “names”) emanating from that domain. Look at this:
www.stopforumspam.com

Yes, it’s a very successful spammer indeed :wink:

TOEIC listening, talks: A voice mail message providing hotel info

Spammer here:

I’m on a tablet at the moment so can’t access the spam controls.

1 Like

By the way, I’m sure this request has been made before, but is there any possibility of making this a ‘sticky’ topic so that it’s easier to find?

I’m afraid we removed the ‘sticky’ option but we can create a special link leading to this thread.
TOEIC listening, photographs: At the optician’s

Sounds good.

At the time of posting the spammer is still there.

He’s gone now.

TOEIC listening, photographs: A stroll in the street

Congratulations to you! I hope he’s gone away forever. We’ve already had a calm period , haven’t we?

1 Like

The spam removal function isn’t working for me.

1 Like

Thanks for this, Bev. This spammer has been removed.

TOEIC listening, talks: Supervisor is showing new employee office and eating facilities

Thanks for pointing this out, Gregory.

TOEIC listening, talks: Employee is summarizing results of brand recognition study

es ist vielleicht besser so - danke.

1 Like

I’ve just removed that post. Many thanks, Torsten

TOEIC listening, talks: Announcing politician as guest speaker at local political event

No problem Sir .This job requires a great amount of patience and I have great admiration for you and all you do. Thanks again. Kind regards.

1 Like

Here’s a stealth spammer: Rksiajnkb
He apparently doesn’t post often, but the posts consist of a long text (irrelevant to the thread they’re in) containing a link to a website that is completely unrelated to ESL.

1 Like